PDA

View Full Version : Vista x64 Ultimate & LW 9.3.1 x64 problems

Greg Lloyd 5
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I just got my new system up and running and every time I close LW layout, Windows gives me an error saying,

"Lightwave.exe has stopped working.
Windows is collecting information about the problem.
This might take several minutes..."

Then it sends a report to Microsoft. It is very annoying. Anyone have this problem or know of any solutions?

I get a similar problem when I render with radiosity and try to save the file as LW_TGA32. It crashes everytime no matter if I save it from the image viewer or save it using the F10 render. Windows says that the program is not working and sends an error report out.

The only thing that I can think of on the radiosity problem is that the scene files are from LW 8.5... but that should not matter.
:bangwall:

G

Greg Lloyd 5
02-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Sasquatch, G2, Skygen has been added to the scene in LW 8.5. It just uses Image World though.

I was seriously considering getting Fprime next... do you think that these are the problems?

I am going to do some testing on a new scene with none of those applied to it and see if I can exit without a problem...

G

Greg Lloyd 5
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Ok... This is bad... One of these plugins are/is causing the problem. I'll track it down.

Good call Neverko!

Thanks!

Greg Lloyd 5
02-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Sasquatch!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Lloyd 5
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks Neverko!

I just made a new scene with only Sasquatch on a new object and it crashed...

Does anyone have a fix to this problem? I sent the scene and object to Worley Labs. Hopefully they will have a solution.

G