PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.3.1 Crashes

Kaiten
02-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi

Ive been having this problem since 9.3 was released.

Ive got a scene with a rigged character (using Maestro) in a room. Everything worksfine up until LW crashes, following this everytime Layout is opened (even in a fresh empty scene) moving the camera causes the machine to "hang" and get the "spinning beachball of death".

I was on 10.3.9 and did everything including trashing the prefs, still had the problem so I sent it to a Mac repair centre for a service, they returned it saying there were no faults with the hardware.

Following this and other responses Ive had on here from users on Tiger I bought an upgrade to 10.4. Im now running 10.4.11 on a completley erased and fresh system.

Still having the problem.

Everything seemed okay when I was on 9.2 but I accidently trashed it in my cross over.

Is it possible to get hold of the 9.2 installer from anywhere?

If this continues Im looking at having wasted an entire years worth of work....

please Help...

Kaiten
02-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Im running

OSX 10.4.11
Dual 2Ghz G5
3.5GB ram

meshpig
02-15-2008, 02:55 AM
You mean you've installed Leopard? ... 10.5.2 is the most recent.

- not sure what you're saying.

m:)

hard8
02-19-2008, 12:20 AM
if you're on a PPC update to 9.3.1

it's the most solid version I have ever used. You could be having plugin issues, so I couldn't help with that if you running 3rd party plugs, but I ran 9.3.1 on Tiger 10.4.9 and it kicked much ***.

There are so many variables that could could be causing you headaches.... bad ram, bad config files, buddah hates you... etc. If you have a clean system, try doing a nice clean install of 9.3.1 and see if it works for you.

I'm having similar issues having switched to a intel mac so I know how you feel.

Kaiten
02-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys...

After a lot of going back and forth the problem seems solved. I was running a dual monitor setup on a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb. After going to a single monitor setup the problems fixed (Thanks to the Tech support guys n gals for their help) :thumbsup:

So Im back up and running(fingers crossed). Looks like Im going to have to upgrade my graphics card......I need my palette space

As Im on the first generation of G5's the variety seems limited.

Ive found a ATI Radeon 9600 256mb for sale, this may sound like a dumb*ss question but will this 9600(256mb)run faster than my 9800(128mb) even though its a 9600...

Thanks again guys... :beerchug:

FLGB
02-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Also a lot of instabilities issues here also with a similar config (9.3.1, G5 2x2, RAM 4.5, radeon 9800 and 10.4.11). The modeler is crashing almost every 5 - 10 mins, it seems this is related to refreshing the interface... Also experiencing some serious hangings and various stability issues.
I've left LightWave 7.5 for maya because of it's bugs, I was considering coming back to lightwave for the incredible speed of V9, but still not sure, damn bugs...
I'll try to invest myself in the v9.5 OB to help the NT team to improve LW stability.

Chilton
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi guys,

If you have a crash in LW on a Mac, please send me the crash logs!

-Chilton
[email protected]
[email protected]