PDA

View Full Version : mesh break

ridasaleeb2
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Recently I saw a mesh with a reversed polygon(flipped and transparent) while the other polygons are correct side out-yet tabs out normally and nicely. When I flip it to face out as the other polygons it tabs out with mesh breakage and renders as a fault. Whats the reason? What is the best way to ensure a mesh does not break up in render? especially using deform?

meshpig
02-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Recently I saw a mesh with a reversed polygon(flipped and transparent) while the other polygons are correct side out-yet tabs out normally and nicely. When I flip it to face out as the other polygons it tabs out with mesh breakage and renders as a fault. Whats the reason? What is the best way to ensure a mesh does not break up in render? especially using deform?

Sounds like it's just an error and most likely 2 polys on top of each other either from "extender" or from "make double-sided".

It distorts because you have probably only selected the top poly to "tab". just delete it and make another one by selecting the points and hit "p".

My guess anyway.

m