PDA

View Full Version : Customizable/Routable inputs

mahasf
02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
IT would be awesome to have the flexibility to route inputs to the Tricaster interface in the ISO 4 x 3 mode for example. In my next production, I will have 4 cameras, and no need for both vcr's, or I may not be using the background.

The flexibility would be awesome.

CreatvGnius
02-13-2008, 04:51 PM
IT would be awesome to have the flexibility to route inputs to the Tricaster interface in the ISO 4 x 3 mode for example. In my next production, I will have 4 cameras, and no need for both vcr's, or I may not be using the background.

The flexibility would be awesome.

Overall, a good suggestion, Alan, :i_agree: with one caution:
Don't count on the notion that eliminating the BACKGROUND channel from ISO view status, would be of any benefit in this regard (i.e., routing an additional camera input to ISO monitoring status).

Why? Because BACKGROUND is static video -- not unlike a video still, as it doesn't require the bandwidth of a full-motion video stream (that you get from Camera Inputs or via playback of a clip on "VCR1" and "VCR2").

Therefore, your request may have potential in making available, say -- camera 4 being given the ISO monitor that was previously available to VCR1, for instance.

If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.
-PeterG

jcupp
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
The real issue is that the hardware only supports three concurrent inputs. To add a fourth input on screen would require more hardware. Even the six input TriCaster Studio only has three concurrent input channels, behind the scenes the break out panel (SX-6?) is changing which of the six inputs are actually being fed into the computers memory. That's why there are not six input preview panes.

CreatvGnius
02-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Again ..
The real issue is that the current TriCaster STUDIO™ hardware only supports three concurrent full-motion video inputs.

Emphasis mine.
-PeterG

CreatvGnius
02-19-2008, 12:11 AM
... well, external video inputs, that is.

So then, all told, these units can display up to 4 external full-motion video sources (if we include iVGA), plus 2 more internal full-motion sources via VCR 1 and VCR 2, plus static video sources, namely Text/Grahics Overlay, Black and Background.

Unless I missed something...
-PeterG

jcupp
02-19-2008, 09:09 AM
... well, external video inputs, that is.

So then, all told, these units can display up to 4 external full-motion video sources (if we include iVGA), plus 2 more internal full-motion sources via VCR 1 and VCR 2, plus static video sources, namely Text/Grahics Overlay, Black and Background.

Unless I missed something...
-PeterG

Yeah, that describes the TC_Studio, the other three models only have one VCR.

My point was that it would take a hardware upgrade (redesign) of the VT Card to allow for more than three camera inputs to be displayed simultaneously so it's not likely to happen this late in the Standard Def game.

Get your feature requests in now for HiDef products!

CreatvGnius
02-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that describes the TC_Studio, the other three models only have one VCR. My point was that it would take a hardware upgrade (redesign) of the VT Card to allow for more than three camera inputs to be displayed simultaneously...

Naw, Jef! Bob Tasa's XtraChannel™ technology could potentially be introduced into the product mix of TriCaster ProFX™ and TriCaster STUDIO™ to do way more than what's readily available now -- and with the self-same VT[4] Pro card therein!:thumbsup:

Ain't 'dat right, Bob'ber?

CreatvGnius
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
At NewTek's and BobFX's mutual choosing, with some formal matters in place, of course...:heart:
-PeterG

Bobt
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh I listen every now and then but with NAB breathing down my neck
its hard to lift my head from the keyboard.

XtraChannel is a great way to go! With the setup you can have
have 4 simultaneous inputs displaying with a full blow VT5. (not a tricaster
which has several limitations) (FYI all I am looking into 5 at one time.. That should cover a majority of setups)

These new input boards wired into the VT switcher by Bobs Magic opens up many other possabilties. New software new things. Its Coming..
6th Channel YES it has 3DDR's per channel and more.
Yes its going to be a mega cool year for Vt'ers..

Thanks Peter..

jcupp
02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Naw, Jef! Bob Tasa's XtraChannel™ technology could potentially be introduced into the product mix of TriCaster ProFX™ and TriCaster STUDIO™ to do way more than what's readily available now -- and with the self-same VT[4] Pro card therein!:thumbsup:

Ain't 'dat right, Bob'ber?

No empty slot in a Pro or ProFX for the card.

Bobt
02-19-2008, 08:53 PM
>No empty slot in a Pro or ProFX for the card.
Ahh yes. Closed system.

Hmm.. Maybe what is needed is a mini VT system?

CreatvGnius
02-20-2008, 05:06 PM
No empty slot in a Pro or ProFX for the card.

Ahh yes. Closed system.
Hmm.. Maybe what is needed is a mini VT system?

Well, that too.
But no one ought imply that such a powerful capability couldn't be integrated into TriCaster STUDIO™ -- :bowdown: after such an "arrangement" is worked out with NewTek (those awesome folk) in collaboration with the amazing BobT of BobFX fame.
-PeterG