PDA

View Full Version : Mac wavers

ramccombe
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi gang, are any of you Mac users out there using DP Kit, in particular MDD Pointer and IES Lights? I cannot seen to make either work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx, Richard:beerchug:

ramccombe
02-14-2008, 07:37 AM
As a long time Mac user I always found Mac users to be helpful, doesn't seem to be the case here. 26 views and nothing. I guess DP Kit isn't being used.
:compbeati

tribbles
02-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, I'm a Mac user and helpful *

Unfortunately, not using any of the things you are :)

* Where I can be. Which isn't here, I'm afraid.

Steamthrower
02-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm a Mac user and extremely helpful (and amazingly inept).

But not here.

Since I'm not using DPP Kit.

So.

Off to fly on my Magic Burrito.

3dworks
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
hey, may it be that not many are using this feature? ;) but wasn't there a thread about faking IES lights on these forums? maybe a little use of the search function could help...

not sure if it is just a mac only problem you are having? in this case you could always contact denis, he's pretty responsive...

markus

ps. ok, gonna help you: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69154&highlight=IES

ramccombe
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm trying get some confirmation from other Mac users before I contact Denis. To those who don't know, DP Kit is free and available in UB and CFM versions. I supplied the link below. The tutorial that brought this problem to light can be found here. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79042 . If you guys are game give her a try and see if they work for you. I may just cantact Denis with what I have. Thanx again.:thumbsup:

PS there is a addendum to the tutorial that uses native tools and DP Kit. It can be found a few pages into the thread.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

loki74
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
As a long time Mac user I always found Mac users to be helpful,

Obviously you haven't hit up the infamous Lounge/PL over at MacNN.... x_x

ramccombe
02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Obviously you haven't hit up the infamous Lounge/PL over at MacNN.... x_x

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean the Macintosh News Network forums, I've been there but it isn't a place I would consider for support. If I need Apple specific support, I go to Apple's discussion groups. Support I'm seeking here is Lightwave and third party specific and in general these forums are very responsive. I usually post my issues in the UB forums or tips and tricks. This time it was Mac specific and I thought there were more Mac users perusing these issues, I clearly was wrong. There is a UB forum devoted to plugins (DP Kit included) so like I said I assumed more people would be on this stuff.:hey:

loki74
02-14-2008, 11:10 PM
lol, the 'NN forums are pretty safe if you stay out of the Lounge/PL... if you go in there don't expect anything helpful at all!

It just happens that I spend most of my time there in the Lounge. So I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the comment that we (Mac users) are very helpful...x]

I actually have DP Kit bookmarked (I think) and I was planning on putting it to use in the near future. But, I've not used it yet. I can't really explain why there doesn't appear to be a lot of us who have used DP Kit... looks really useful..

Steamthrower
02-15-2008, 06:56 AM
This time it was Mac specific and I thought there were more Mac users perusing these issues, I clearly was wrong. There is a UB forum devoted to plugins (DP Kit included) so like I said I assumed more people would be on this stuff.:hey:

Thing is, I'm probably pretty safe to say that about 97% of everyone here doesn't use DP Kit...2% of everyone that does use it are probably over in the PC forum...so you're left with about 1% of all Lightwaver folks, and they probably haven't even seen this thread...so you can't judge the forum by that...

j__
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Sorry you've had to endure some fairly unhelpful responses or non-responses

As you may know by now, MDD Pointer is broken on the Mac, I think I recall mentioning this to whoever wrote it at the time.

Haven1000
02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi gang, are any of you Mac users out there using DP Kit, in particular MDD Pointer and IES Lights? I cannot seen to make either work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx, Richard:beerchug:

Hi,

DP's IES node has never work for me on the Mac, not totally sure if this means it's broken but I would load a scene created and rendered fine on Win LW with the IES node and receive a "IES file not found" type error.
I brought this to the attention of Mike Wolf (who complied it for the UB) who was unaware that there was a problem, he spoke to Dpont and was told that there would be updated code on the way, that was back in October 07.

I don't believe there has been a change since then, but I suppose that doesn't really matter if your going to have access to the 9.5 open beta in a few weeks time. :hey: