PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

Dhruv
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
hellowww..just joined the forum I was bowled ovre by a demo of Tricaster Studio
in Lonodn recently. I am thinking of buying one! Any comments from the expereinced users? My main expectations are in Live Set areas..I already produce and direct two shows on Sky Satellite platform here in Europe for an
Indian tv channel, I have all the necessary edit gear..linear and non linear..what
I can really do with is the Live Set stuff.. Do the sets REALLY look so real on air?
Look forward to hearing from you..
warm regards
Dhruv
London England

Sarford
02-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I can't awnser your questions but I can wish you a warm welcome.
Welcome mate :D

CreatvGnius
02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
hellowww..just joined the forum I was bowled ovre by a demo of Tricaster Studio
in Lonodn recently. I am thinking of buying one! Any comments from the expereinced users? My main expectations are in Live Set areas..I already produce and direct two shows on Sky Satellite platform here in Europe for an
Indian tv channel, I have all the necessary edit gear..linear and non linear..what
I can really do with is the Live Set stuff.. Do the sets REALLY look so real on air?
Look forward to hearing from you..
warm regards
Dhruv
London England
Hi, Dhruv. May I encourage you to post the same thing you've written above, to the more TriCaster™ specific area of these forums, at NewTek Discussions > TriCaster > TriCaster Community?

Here's a link: http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229

TriCaster STUDIO is a mind-blower! Welcome, and see you there! :thumbsup:
-PeterG

ted
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Peter! You turkey! :D
LightWave all over the "General Discussions" thread and you tell the new guy to take it elsewhere! :D
Just kidding, I'm sure you were just trying to help him. :thumbsup:

DHruv, Welcome. I just did our first couple productions on our TriCaster Pro FX and I'm even more excited then you sound!
We also have VT5 but honestly haven't taken advantage of the Virtual Sets on either. But as soon as things slow down we sure as heck will.

Yeh, Virtual Set production is all the rage and there is a lot of revenue to be had. The TriCaster is so awesome it's got me excited again about the industry. Iím making changes in my business direction and TriCaster is the tool to do it.
TriCaster comes with some decent, practical sets. Enough to get you going. But people like Eric Pratt have tons of options. I would let the clients go to a site like virtualsetworks.com and pick the one they want to buy. Eric will even customize a VS for the client with the right need and budget.

Question, how do you plan on doing Green screen on location, or do you?
I have a VT5 and a decent studio for V.S. production. But I see enough extra revenue just doing multi-cam location work.
Oh yeh, my client and his talent were VERY impressed with the TriCaster. We pulled my Motor Home to the back door of the facility. Ran the cables, set up some lighting and when I fired up the TriCaster the client felt like he was doing a big time production. It was a blast.

Anyhoo, in short, yeh, TriCaster is cool and there is money to be made with it!
welcome and let us know when you get one.

Dhruv
02-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Thanks Guys for the encouragement..
Ted I appreciate your in depth reply. I have converted my unused garage into a
makeshift studio and shoot 3 weekt shows with a norml sitting room tyoe set and a blue piece of cloth which covers up set when I do chroma key. But usually
all this is done with one camera (Sony DVCAm DSR 570) . Now I intend to add
one more camera and Tricaster studio. I also thought of Pro FX but the price difference is negligeble so I am gonna go for Studio..mainly for those awsome sets..! Will keep you posted. Thanks again
Dhruv
London