PDA

View Full Version : DVEs?

milena
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey there,

I often need to slide an image over another in VT5, SE, and it seems as though there is no such DVE. I found this weird since it is elementary effect in any editing software. So I was wondering if maybe there was a plug in of extra DVEs for VT5?

Also, I found out today that I cannot apply DVEs to png files, and as far as I know they don't work on cg pages either.

So if you know of any other QUICK way to have lower third slide up on screen, please let me know.

Tx.

goodrichm
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Maybe you can find a DVE to suit your need at this site...MG

http://www.vtfx.dk/download.php

SBowie
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
So if you know of any other QUICK way to have lower third slide up on screen, please let me know. You can do this by animating position in the Control Tree, without using a DVE.

dreamvisionmp
02-13-2008, 08:42 AM
You can do this by animating position in the Control Tree, without using a DVE.

That may be, and I've used that workaround myself, but it takes about 30 seconds to a minute (with practice) to keyframe what would take about 5 seconds with a DVE. I'm still startled that such a simple and commonly used DVE isn't standard with SpeedEditVT. One of a number of weird holes among the DVE's.

ted
02-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I can do that in more like 20 seconds, hopefully not a minute. :D

Control panel, select clip, hit Q, Cntrl-Right arrow takes you 1 sec in, hit keyframe, hit Q and double click Y axis. Done.

Not the same agreed, but not 30 seconds to a minute longer then navigating to the DVE's, finding the DVE and dragging that over the dissolve.
While you're at it, add a keyframe to rotate Z and type 360, 0 and you have more zip.

Get used to the control panel. It's so great for making quick fly-ins.
Maybe someine here will make that DVD and save us all.

dreamvisionmp
02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I can do that in more like 20 seconds, hopefully not a minute. :D

Control panel, select clip, hit Q, Cntrl-Right arrow takes you 1 sec in, hit keyframe, hit Q and double click Y axis. Done.

Not the same agreed, but not 30 seconds to a minute longer then navigating to the DVE's, finding the DVE and dragging that over the dissolve.
While you're at it, add a keyframe to rotate Z and type 360, 0 and you have more zip.

Get used to the control panel. It's so great for making quick fly-ins.
Maybe someine here will make that DVD and save us all.

That's great. I've done that myself on many occasions. I still shouldn't have to. It's an elementary transition. On a photo slideshow type project, it gets to be a real chore.

CreatvGnius
02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
That's great. I've done that myself on many occasions. I still shouldn't have to. It's an elementary transition. On a photo slideshow type project, it gets to be a real chore.

Naw, dreamvision! Not a chore at all, if you'll only save what you've already done -- into a USER PRESET in TOOLSHED! Once that preset is created, you'll simply do this, even to effect multiple clips simultaneously:

Select clips you want to effect; Select the PRESET you've made; Click APPLY.

You're all done -- in an instant. :jam:
-PeterG

ted
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't get me wrong Dave, I agree it would be great to have it in the basic effects.

ted
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Dang, 5 min. limit...
I never realized they didn't have it. I guess I've always used the control tree, because it's so easy. :D Don't worry, I crack myself up some times.

Faraz, where are you? That guy used to spit these out in a jiffy.

milena
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
i've been using the control tree myself, but here is the problem that i have with it: if i need to extend the lower third over a longer period of time, the transition that i animated becomes too slow. and i do this too often so i need a solution where i won't need to keep changing the key frames all the time.

MG, thanks for that website, i'll definitely download couple of those..

Peter, i never used the tool shed before, and it's great, thanks for the tip. but again, the problem with it is that if i apply it to a clip that is longer than the original, the transition will become too slow.

i really hope somebody will make that DVE soon. i would if i knew how.. :D

CreatvGnius
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
i've been using the control tree myself, but here is the problem that i have with it: if i need to extend the lower third over a longer period of time, the transition that i animated becomes too slow. and i do this too often so i need a solution where i won't need to keep changing the key frames all the time.

MG, thanks for that website, i'll definitely download couple of those..

Peter, i never used the tool shed before, and it's great, thanks for the tip. but again, the problem with it is that if i apply it to a clip that is longer than the original, the transition will become too slow.

i really hope somebody will make that DVE soon. i would if i knew how.. :D

You're quite welcome. You know -- could create a USER-PRESET for a lower 3rd that's of "longer length", and another for "longest length", etc. (or however you choose to name them) -- adding these variants in your, eh, toolchest, as it were...:thumbsup:
-PeterG

CreatvGnius
02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
You're quite welcome. You know -- could create a USER-PRESET for a lower 3rd that's of "longer length", and another for "longest length", etc. (or however you choose to name them) -- adding these variants in your, eh, toolchest, as it were...:thumbsup:
-PeterG

But wait, there's more!
...Do know that if you want -- you could [probably] assign varying speed rates to differing presets.

Later, After selecting certain Timeline clips you'd like to effect (for instance, only the medium length ones) you can go to a particular USER PRESET and open up its 'tree' -- then check (and/or uncheck) specific parameters, before hitting APPLY -- essentially customizing your use of each saved preset (dependent, of course, upon the number of various CONTROL TREE operations you've got "saved" therein.

Now, how cool izz'at?
-PeterG:cool:

SBowie
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
I often need to slide an image over another in VT5, SE, and it seems as though there is no such DVE. I found this weird since it is elementary effect in any editing software. So I was wondering if maybe there was a plug in of extra DVEs for VT5?

Also, I found out today that I cannot apply DVEs to png files, and as far as I know they don't work on cg pages either.

So if you know of any other QUICK way to have lower third slide up on screen, please let me know.It's not exactly that you can't apply a DVE to PNGs - you can. What you can't do in SE (at this time at least) is apply a DVE to a clip or image that has Overlay turned on. Hence a DVE that does this sort of a move would be - for now at least - useless for this particular purpose. Sorry.