PDA

View Full Version : Capture limit

sandman300
02-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Capture time limit option. This would be most useful for capturing analogue video. :lwicon:

wvp
02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Not in front of my SE copy, but I know with VT you have an options button in the capture panel and can select to capture "X" frames so you could put 3600 in for 2 hrs time.

ted
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I've been using VT5 so much, I didn't notice this until I opened my laptop's SE to check.
You are right. I wonder if that can easily be added in the next build or two.
I'd give a list of how it would benefit you and put that on the feature request thread. If it can be done, I'm sure NewTek would gitter done.

ScorpioProd
02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, SpeedEDIT's capture module is barebones.

One of the things in my feature request thread is a better capture module, including timed capture, time lapse capture, audio preview, correct aspect ratio of video, and resizeable video window.

CreatvGnius
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, SpeedEDIT's capture module is barebones.

One of the things in my feature request thread is a better capture module, including timed capture, time lapse capture, audio preview, correct aspect ratio of video, and resizeable video window.

Hey, better add to the list, STILL capture!

Even TriCaster STUDIO™ has got *that* functionality which is effected via a large transport button labeled PICTURE (opposite the CAPTURE button).

There's a little volume control in the CAPTURE control PANE, since the capture utility also handles analogue sources.

FWIW, TriCaster STUDIO™ lacks RESET, CHOP, and AUTO CHOP -- IMHO, that's to keep things dumbed down a bit, for the benefit of not overwhelming video neophytes.
-PeterG

sandman300
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
The still capture is great for capturing photos at video resolution. Makes it easy and quick to make video slideshows.

Canopus used to have the timed capture in DV Storm but for some reason it got dropped In Edius.

I myself deal with mostly analogue video. My bread and butter is putting home movies to DVD. There is a lot of film, VHS, VHS-C, Beta, betacam, 3/4" tape and Hi8 out there and there is no sign of it slowing down. I've even had people start mailing me video from states away.

There obviously is demand for digital side of video but I hope Newtek dosn't forget about the analogue side. Which IMHO is a little messy.