PDA

View Full Version : Transporting a tricaster

loreo316
02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know of a reliable light weight box that can transport the tricaster? I travel a lot to do web cast and I had a box made for my tricaster. The problems with the box I have is that it is 50 LBS alone. Adding the tricaster among things(19 inch monitor, 19 inch audio racks, etc.) makes its very heavy and expensive to to check at the airport. It also takes a toll on the tricaster is self. I'm trying to find an easier and safer way to travel with this thing. Can anyone help me out???:help:

Thanks

eagleeyed
02-11-2008, 08:29 PM
http://www.hardcase.com/gig_transporters.htm

They are just an example, our school's hire company always uses stuff from these guys, and we have never had a problem with the case, they are all pretty rock solid. I think this is the brand anyway, not sure :P

But they do have distrubuters all over the world, so they must be good to have that.

PIZAZZ
02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know of a reliable light weight box that can transport the tricaster? I travel a lot to do web cast and I had a box made for my tricaster. The problems with the box I have is that it is 50 LBS alone. Adding the tricaster among things(19 inch monitor, 19 inch audio racks, etc.) makes its very heavy and expensive to to check at the airport. It also takes a toll on the tricaster is self. I'm trying to find an easier and safer way to travel with this thing. Can anyone help me out???:help:

Thanks
We sell a Pelican case that is carry on size and fits a TC Pro perfectly. The cost of the case with the custom foam cutout is $350. I sold several to the NCAA and use one myself to drag my TCPro all over the place. Keeping it as a carryon size means that if there is damage it is your own fault not the baggage handlers.

Attached are some pics. And YES that is a complete kit with even a monitor.

Rich Deustachio
02-12-2008, 09:18 AM
I bet you get searched more bringing that onto the carry on.

ted
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Nice Jeff. I may get one of those from you.
We use a Pelican for our HVX 200 and it's perfect. Keeping it Carryon sized is great for many reasons.

I'll contact you.