PDA

View Full Version : animation path winds not playing nicely with other winds

stib
02-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I've got an animation path wind that sucks stuff up, and at the end I want them al to disperse. Now that should be simple - just plonk another wind at the end to scatter the objects. My favourite method for scattering is to use a directional wind with a procedural as the input of its vector, which works more like a turbulent explosion than an explosion wind does.

But the problem is that animation path winds don't additively combine the way other winds do. Thigs that are being controlled by animation wind just follow the wind, and then get to the end and kind of stick there, until they're fre of its influence.

Any thoughts anyone?

crpcory
10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I know this is old but does anyone have an answer to this? I'm really curious about getting this to work.

stib
10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe I'll post this as a bug report (I haven't checked if it's still the case in the 9.5.1 OB)

crpcory
10-30-2008, 11:21 PM
yeah, well I'm on a mac so as usual, I'm waiting for a compatible 9.5 version to be released who knows when. I am curious as to if it is a bug or just the way it's been made up to this point.

stib
11-03-2008, 04:14 AM
well it seems like they work properly in 9.5.1, I'm not sure about 9.5. Doesn't help if you're on a mac, though.

Cyberfish_Fred
10-23-2018, 07:33 AM
I have the same issue in 2015.3 - I need a sort of turbulence wind on top of my wind animation path but don't know how...

Freddy