PDA

View Full Version : Finalize the String? Vista or Lightwave?

AdamAvenali
02-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey all,

I have encountered a problem while working in Modeler, and I dont know if it is a Vista or Lightwave thing. So, I will be working on a model using the normal keyboard shortcuts (mostly Pan, Zoom, and Rotate in my viewports), then I hit "A" to zoom out and see my complete character, but this little window pops up (sometimes it has English writing in it, and sometimes its Chinese or something). I cannot close the window, there is only one button on the window and when i hover over it it says "Finalize the String." This is very annoying as I must then shut down modeler to regain the ability to use my keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,
Adam

IgnusFast
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not as enamored as neverko with Vista :), but I've been using it with Lightwave for months now and I have to admit I've never seen that one either. Then again, the only two plugins I use are Thickener and FPrime...

Are you sure you're not holding down a control/alt/shift/windows key slightly too long and modifying the A?

AdamAvenali
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
It could possibly be something to do with bundled software on my Asus G1 laptop too.. I will take a screen shot when i have it all loaded up.

The only plugin i have loaded right now is PLG_Make_UV_Edit.

AdamAvenali
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
okay, so i managed to make it come up a couple different times. Screen_01 is when the item opened up in Modeler. I opened up PLG_Make_UV_Edit and started going to town making a seam in point mode (holding down Control and clicking on points), and then went to zoom out with A and it brought it up. And then in Screen_02, I was putting the screenshot in Photoshop to save out as a Jpeg and it came up in Photoshop as well.

I have no idea what it is....

AdamAvenali
02-11-2008, 12:20 PM
PLG is Asian based as far as i know. I dont think it is that as it is now showing up in Photoshop as well. So, Im thinking i might be better off asking this in an Asus forum somewhere.