PDA

View Full Version : commandInput()

stib
02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
..anyone know how to use it?

Specifically I'm trying to write a better Julienne lscript (Julienne always messes up geometry for me - at the moment I actually use an autohotkey script when I want to julienne), so I want to do what I do with AHK but with lscript and have a nice (ish) gui and all.

So how can I control the knife with lscript? I'da thought that commandInput was the go, but suprisingly enough the documentation doesn't really go into any detail about the syntax.

Thanks in advance..

-stib

markschum
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I saw in one of the video tutorials on the julieene tool that it actually creates gemetry in a background layer and uses the slice option of the drill or solid drill tool. At least I think thats what it said .

Doesnt help you with the knife tool though :(

Good luck with your script .

I have used the julieene tool, done an undo, then adjusted the background layer for the cutter , and then done the drill, slice to chop up part of the model .

A julienne tool for selected polygons would be nice .

anyway, I am rambling so I will shut up now :D

stib
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
It seems a strange way of doing it. I think the fact that it uses solid drill is the problem - drill is a lot more flaky than the knife. If I can control the knife with LScript then I've got a knife weilding robot! It's a simple matter of cut, offset, repeat. It means that you're not limited to juliennes on only the xyz axis, you could do juliennes on any angle ,radial juliennes, random ones, tapering ones (where the slices get closer or further apart). It slices it dices!