PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

The Jackal
02-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Hi all,

Just want to say hello for my first post on the forum. I didn't remember but I had signed up to this community a long long time ago but never used it. I have played with Lightwave 3D, Maya and 3DS Max, but never got very far and have nothing worth showing. I am keen to get into 3D more but just haven't got past the basics yet due to different commitments (and slackness) on my part.

Anway, just thought I would say hello as I am making my comeback using Lightwave.

Lewis
02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Welcome back :).

eagleeyed
02-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello and welcome back. :D

3D Kiwi
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Just dont mention the M word and you will be fine

kopperdrake
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Which one? Max or Maya?

Doh!! Sorry :D

Welcome on board!

AbnRanger
02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Which one? Max or Maya?

Doh!! Sorry :D

Welcome on board!It rhymes with Dodo :D

fobame
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm editing front cover animation on my website using a combination of LW, After affects and flash and am royally stuck at what will probably seem simple to many of you but bear with me. I've created all the textures I need for this flip book cover animation in photoshop...the animation template was created and loaded, texture updated and I've rendered the animation...Now I want to create an AVI with Alpha channel and import the rendered frames to After affects. Does anyone know how I can do that? What steps I should take? Much appreciated for any help.

Basically how do I go from an lws to avi?

Steamthrower
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm editing front cover animation on my website using a combination of LW, After affects and flash and am royally stuck at what will probably seem simple to many of you but bear with me. I've created all the textures I need for this flip book cover animation in photoshop...the animation template was created and loaded, texture updated and I've rendered the animation...Now I want to create an AVI with Alpha channel and import the rendered frames to After affects. Does anyone know how I can do that? What steps I should take? Much appreciated for any help.

Basically how do I go from an lws to avi?

Perhaps you could post a new thread for this. ;)

And as a side, Jackal, the M word is always censored out so we can't type it, like this: m***. We just can't say m*** because of the darn asterisks.

fobame
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry...you are correct a new thread would of been more appropriate. Was eager to resolve this.:thumbsup:

The Jackal
02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Noted! From now on I won't be using the m*** word anymore. In fact I have forgotten what M*** is already. :)