PDA

View Full Version : Architectural modeling/rendering

aloysius1001
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm getting back into LW after a few years off with a view to doing architectural work. I know quite a few home builders and home designers, so I figure I'll take a stab at going into business for myself. I've been out of work for the last six months. I previously worked in television. I don't expect to start taking on clients tomorrow, I know I need to tune-up my skills(vast understatement). I was just wondering if any of the Arch/Vis guys and gals had any advice. Tips, tricks, techniques, guidelines, anecdotes, must have plug-ins(preferably of the free variety), anything they would be willing to share. It can be on any subject, modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, work flow, billing, handling clients, ect... I'm just looking for some help starting out to get me back on my feet with LW and do some photo-real renders. By the way I'm using LW7.5d, with no chance of upgrading in the near future. It's been a while for me with LW, but one thing I definitely remember about it is it has one of the best user communities around.

Thanks

aloysius1001
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Also, I'm a Mac guy in case any info is OS specific.

Exception
02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I have some tutorials in my signature, perhaps they help...

cheers!