PDA

View Full Version : Using the base Tricaster model as a post unit

battcom
02-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi All-

I want to use the base ($5000) model for the occasional three-cam switch, but, mostly, to use the editor for everyday editing. (I'm currently using a VT3 that I will move somewhere else.) Can anyone advise as to why I'd be making a mistake replacing VT3 editor with the Procaster base model?

I've heard the Procaster base editor doesnt support spline keyframing, for instance, but I can live with that.

More curious as to how robust it is...does it work well with imported RTVs?

Kurt_Henning
02-08-2008, 08:01 AM
The editor in the Tricaster is stripped down for a reason. It is an editor, but if you need precision, I would reccomend using SpeedEDIT.

You are not supposed to put them on the same box, but that is likely where your files are. If you are coming from VT3 TED, then I would definately test drive the editor section to make sure it suits your needs. The live switching part and the capture part is just fantastic.

I am an editor, so I can do some things in the "Media Editor" of the TC100, but if I am doing something complex, I prefer SE. But just having an editor, even a basic one, can accomplish many tasks.

I don't know if it reads rtv files. I would have to look. I had the TCP, and now have the TCPFX.

Do you own a SX-84? Perhaps putting your VT in a small case would be "like a Tricaster" but you will have the same editor you are used to.

These are ideas only, not a sales pitch.

Cineman
02-08-2008, 08:01 PM
does it work well with imported RTVs?
I have moved RTVs to the original TriCaster. They play fine in a live switch from the DDR. Have never edited with them, but seems in and playable is that battle won.

Nes Gurley

jcupp
02-09-2008, 08:38 AM
There's no real reason you couldn't install SpeedEdit on a Tricaster. I've done it and everything worked fine.