PDA

View Full Version : Materials for architectural visualization... help

alvin_cgi
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I am looking some good and affordable materials for architectural visualization use, like low poly big and small high-rise buildings, trees, low poly people etc, I have came across that Dosch design offer pretty good materials and wide range for architectural stuff, but the prices are too steep for a small studio like mine… any alternative beside Dosch design? Would be appreciated anyone can point me some directions, or sites offer good prices for this kind of stuffs.

robk
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I find dosch to be the cheapest for quality stuff. You can spend hours searching for and downloading free junk. But dosch stuff for most of the items we have are relativily cheap. Like about 15 good quality cars for about $109 US So that is about $7.27 per model. I can spend $7 worth of time just booting my computer, much less spending 2 weeks modeling a good car (and it still wouldn't be as good as the dosch cars.)

alvin_cgi
02-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks, you are right, looks like Dosch be the cheapest and quality stuff.:)

I find dosch to be the cheapest for quality stuff. You can spend hours searching for and downloading free junk. But dosch stuff for most of the items we have are relativily cheap. Like about 15 good quality cars for about $109 US So that is about $7.27 per model. I can spend $7 worth of time just booting my computer, much less spending 2 weeks modeling a good car (and it still wouldn't be as good as the dosch cars.)

mahoca
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
in my opinion thats the best free cars:
DMI http://dmi.chez.tiscali.fr/