PDA

View Full Version : Living Room

Mitja
02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
This is a living room I found on a magazine. I tried to reproduce it, with some changes. The environment is intencionally white!
So, tell what do you like and what not (aka C&C!)

-EsHrA-
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
you are very small :)
the lamp distorts the composition.
the right wall is too bright, seems like a point-light there.
the background, is it a window or a big screen?..try to make the bg less focused.
maybe too much ceiling.

love some of the materials, and blurry relfection.
lighting is pretty good, the rug is also very good :)

mlon

Mitja
02-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Thanks for comments!
I'm not small, I'm 1,95! :thumbsup: (seriously, why small?)
The lamp is not what you (and I) could call a piece of art, but in the mag was there, placed in that way so... I will make a ver without it anyway.
The wall is in fact too bright but there's no light, honestly there's no point light at all in the scene. I guess it's the environment+area light behind the giant:D glass "panel" (how do you call it?) that cause this artifact.
How do I make the garden less focused? Dont want to use DoF nor MB!
The ceiling: I think it has to cover the entire room, immagine if it rains!! :D (the foto on the mag has this wide angle, I'll make another version!)
The rug was the only thing that wasn't convincing to me, not at all! But I'm glad you like it, at least I dont have to modify it!
What about the tiles?

Iain
02-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I think what was meant by 'you are very small' and 'too much ceiling' is that the point of view is too low down.
Normally the pov is at sitting or standing height.

Just blur the bg image in photoshop or using an image filter in LW (or make the glass less transparent).

The rug is very well done.

Andyjaggy
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
blur the bg, and get rid of the lamp :) Or change the lamp, I don't really care for it. the rug looks awesome!!! good job.

Steamthrower
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
The track lighting in the ceiling - is that textured or actual geometry?

Mitja
02-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Sorry for delay!

The track lighting in the ceiling - is that textured or actual geometry?
It's geometry. Right now I'm trying to find a good IES to take an evening shot, but so far I found only boring IES.

blur the bg, and get rid of the lamp Or change the lamp, I don't really care for it. the rug looks awesome!!! good job.
Thanks for the rug! I'll do as you say, I'll get rid of the lamp, pity...
The problem with the bg is that is real geometry, cannot blur.

I think what was meant by 'you are very small' and 'too much ceiling' is that the point of view is too low down.
Normally the pov is at sitting or standing height.
Just blur the bg image in photoshop or using an image filter in LW (or make the glass less transparent).
The rug is very well done.
Maybe it seems "I'm small" because of the zoom of the camera, as I said previously I had to have a wide angle...I'll see how can I fix it. (The camera is at y 1.9m). About the bg, I'll make the glass less transparent, since it's not an image but some meters of garden with "real" grass, trees and hedge. I did it so because I wanted to add some chairs and a table there, but this scene is starting to bore me... Thank you too for the rug!

May I ask you guys, what do you think about the lighting? I would be pleased if I could get an advice from a pro (feel free to go down hard with critics)

Andyjaggy
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
You can still blur it. Render it out in a different pass and blur in post. Or use some DOF.

Mitja
02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
So, I grew up finally!!!
Thanks for advices,all. I blurred the bg (1st img), with some efford. Hope the result is satisfactory, if it's not just tell me :thumbsup: ! The second and third image are just other angles ... but I wanted to show you the hedge from closer: I did the texture by myself from a photo on google! (not a big deal, huh?) The third is just an IES test, but this type of room doesn't fit too much to IES because of furniture (too near to lights, I guess) ... so don't mind too much.
Anyway, c&c ! And dont be shy!!! :D
54659 54661 54662 54660 54663

PS: in my 1st post I wrote: "So, tell what do you like and what not" - the NOT at the end is wrong? Should I had wrote: "what you don't?" ? Thanks!