PDA

View Full Version : mac plans?

RaVeN{base}
02-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I know I have asked before.
Is there a plan to get the lightwave liveset plugins to work on the Mac version of LW 9.3?
Of course I can modify scenes and all on the mac, but once I move over to the Studio, and the trial version of LW over there, to export out using the plugins it will of course have the checkerboard on it, as well as being unstable and quiting during the export.

Is there a simple way to move back and forth between the PC and my Mac version with my one dongle?

BeeVee
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
The Trial version doesn't have a checkerboard on images during the trial period, but that's beside the point - yes you can easily register the version on the TriCaster and use your dongle on it. :)

To register another platform on a LightWave licence:

1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
2. Go to My Products;
3. Copy the LightWave v9 serial number from there;
4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

B

RaVeN{base}
02-08-2008, 04:11 AM
can you update any of the info there such as lock ID.
I had previously tried this and had put the macs' id in there so of course it is wrong now.

BeeVee
02-08-2008, 07:23 AM
You will need to speak to tech support to get them to change that for you.

B

Dan_NT
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Your dongle ID will likely be different once it's on a PC, but you simply call Customer Service or go to http://reg.newtek.com/ and register LightWave 9 again, but put in your x86 LW9 dongle ID instead.

Part of the purpose of a USB dongle is to be able to transfer it between machines easily.

shepherd
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
As far as the dongle goes. You should be able to register a LockID for PC 32 and 64bit as well as Mac all from the online system. If you have the wrong ID in one of those fields you will have to call or email customer service to have it changed.