PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop batch woes

Dodgy
02-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd ask here first as it seems this would be something simple to answer. Does PS7 support 32 bit pngs? I'm having difficulty saving a png with an alpha map.

<rant>
i've been trying to get batch processing to save my images after adding an alpha to them, and when I tried the Save As command as part of the process, it wouldn't let me turn 'as Copy' off, and was listed in the Action as having 'as copy on'. I didn't want the ' Copy' postfix so I was desperately trying to turn it off. I didn't want to save as the same filetype as I loaded, so I assumed I needed the Save as in the Action on. Little did I realise that if when I recorded the Save As, but didn't change the filename to get rid of the 'copy' postfix, it would leave the filename as it was, even though it said 'as copy' was still on. How unintuitive is that???

Also, when I did change the filename, it made that part of the Save As command, but not changing the name and saving, even with the ' copy' postfix meant the filename was left the filename out of the Save As, and just included the path to save to. Using 'Folder' and 'Override Save As' in the Batch command only actually overrides the directory for the save as, it still saves in the format you specified in the 'Save as', just in the folder selected in the Batch dialogue.

It was driving me insane with it's own insanity. Arrrgh! </rant>

Phil
02-07-2008, 05:51 AM
No idea, but wondered if ImageMagick might be a better approach.

dee
02-07-2008, 06:41 AM
PS7's png support is quite limited. try super png (http://www.fnordware.com/superpng/), a free photoshop plugin, or use Save For Web's png feature.

SBowie
02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Child's play in Aura, if you have a copy (or a VT with Aura.)