PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge to crash ratio

Speedmonk42
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
The more I learn, the more things crash.

By the looks of what some people accomplish in the galleries, interpolating my results I calculate their computers must crash ever 3.7 seconds.

Weepul
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
:lol:

Ah, but you have to realize, there comes a point where you start knowing enough about LW to know what makes it crash and how to keep it from doing so... (Or, to simply not do those things. :()

PixelFarmer
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
When I'm working on a heavy duty project in LW, it crashes several times per day.
Sometimes just closing it makes it crash, which is pretty hard to avoid. The protection against that is to save often and close your scene before quitting LW.

Etch
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
:lol:

Ah, but you have to realize, there comes a point where you start knowing enough about LW to know what makes it crash and how to keep it from doing so... (Or, to simply not do those things. :()

Sort of like the path to enlightenment, the road is hard and riddled with potholes that represent failure (or software crashes). But at some point most it, or it bothering you, will go away.

Hopper
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
If someone could write a plugin that wouldn't actually "cause" a crash, it would be simple to create an AutoSave function. Set a time and have it autosave. All it would have to do is ignore the attempts to save if rendering is in progress. There could be options to save just the scene, or scene with objects, etc... I think this should already be a feature built-in.

UnCommonGrafx
02-08-2008, 04:54 AM
With both apps on, right-click on the hub's icon and select "Properties".
There, put in your autosave times, for projects and objects.
It is built in. Using it gets you around some of the point of this thread.