PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play with Quidam 2.0 demo yet?

Speedmonk42
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I downloaded it last night.

It's quirky... is there something wrong with using words in an interface? (ok language.. but..)

It is way way way faster than the Poser 7 demo I downloaded.

I was able to pose the model the way wanted immediately, with Poser 7 I wanted to punch my monitor.

Anyone else try it? It does seem a bit expensive.

Sarford
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I did. Can't see much use for it so far... It has a better interface then Poser and the deformations are (much) better then those of Poser.
You can 'model' your model to your liking with a paint tool (kind a like weight painting), which is more user friendly then Poser, but it's fairly limited.
I don't have any export plu-in's so I don't know how those behave but the exported .obj have a much less dens poly count then the meshes of Poser.

Is it overpriced? I think it is.

3dworks
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
i actually have bought the upgrade, but had no time yet to test the new 2.0 version. the lightwave plugin of the older version already did a great job when exporting the figures, that's what i can tell you so far.

markus

Darth Mole
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
It's interesting, but I found it flaky until the 2.02 patch. Still needs a bit of work. The 3D painting is okay for a first attempt, but it lacks serious tools, like layers and masks.

The bundled base models aren't great - and the "pro" ones are a bit pricey.