PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Layer Blending Modes in LW Nodal System?

Cesar Montero
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm trying to apply the Photoshop Blending Modes in LW Nodal System. Because of the complexity of the textures, I really need nodal. However, the drop-down menu of the blending modes in the nodal system does not show them! Am I missing something? If there is no default PS blending mode, how can I then replicate them? I see there is a blending input...therefore my guess is that they can be done with other nodes? HELP!:help:

Andyjaggy
02-06-2008, 10:55 AM
In the nodal editor use one of the layer nodes instead of just a regular image node. This will give you access to all the PS blending modes. I know what you mean too, I couldn't live without the PS Multiply.

Cesar Montero
02-07-2008, 02:30 AM
In the nodal editor use one of the layer nodes instead of just a regular image node. This will give you access to all the PS blending modes. I know what you mean too, I couldn't live without the PS Multiply.

I'll try that out. Evne then it would be better to just have such blending modes right inside the 2d>Image. I'm trying to get a nodal flow to be as clean as possible, since it will be pretty big. I guess that ones things get complex is more important to have things right away at hand, that to try to use "workarounds". :S

Andyjaggy
02-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah it would be nice I agree. I've always been curious as to why the LW mulitply is so different from the PS multiply?

It might be usefull to just have independent blending nodes as well, that might open up some cool possiblities.

As for clean nodal flows using the layer nodes might actually help with that. Instead of having 4 or 5 image nodes laying around you would have just one layer node. It all depends on what your doing with it of coarse as you can't drag outputs for each individual layer into other nodes (that would be cool if you could though)

Cesar Montero
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, that would be great. So far I'm using the Layer Node. It works, but it would be nice to have the modes all around, with no hassle. Once I find an answer for the problem tomorrow, I'll have to see how to make a blending mode. Its RGB stuff, but I guess that first I'll need to find the formula of how colors are managed. Some very cool stuff can come out of it :)