PDA

View Full Version : Render Frame Display Error Message...

kcladnier
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
We are currently test rendering out 6 screen wide frames, approximately 6000px wide, and continue to get the "frame buffer failed" error saying "Image could not be displayed Out of memory." This only occurs on the Macs; including a dual dual core Intel with 2GB of RAM. It does not occur on the same machine running XP. The frame does render and display, but the error dialog needs to be closed 1 to 3 times. I realize this error can occur with very large images. But, as the frame is rendered and displayed, is there some setting to get rid of it? Has anyone come across this and fixed it? It's pretty annoying.

thanks

mattmgut
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I am running a Mac and getting the same message on a large render. However, two nights ago I rendered and even larger image and did not get this message. You are right, it is frustrating.

aperezg
05-14-2008, 07:01 AM
I have the same error.
Appear a big black preview.
To see the image, I change the percentage of the image less than 50% I prefer 33% , after made this you can save the image in your favorite format.

I don't know why preview can't display 100% when the render is bigger

toby
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Well it takes a lot of ram to render a big image, then it takes even more to display the whole thing in memory, especially at 128 bits per channel, and also if you have other previous renders in the viewer, which take up ram. Big renders need to be done with F10 instead of F9, a lot of things that fail with F9 would work with F10.