PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime to flash

Tony3d
02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I know nothing about flash, and I need to convert a Quicktime Animation to Flash. What will I need to do this, and how much will it cost? Will the image quality still be good as far as millions of colors and all that?

Sarford
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
When you have flash you also have the Flash Video encoder. This is a standalone video -> flash encoder. You hava a few options to controll the quality. Generaly, the higher the bandwith the better the quality.
This VideoEncoder delivers .flv files, flash video files.
If you need .swf files, you'll have to import the video into flash. You'll get the same options as with the standalone utility. After that, publish your movie and presto...

Tony3d
02-05-2008, 07:55 PM
When you have flash you also have the Flash Video encoder. This is a standalone video -> flash encoder. You hava a few options to controll the quality. Generaly, the higher the bandwith the better the quality.
This VideoEncoder delivers .flv files, flash video files.
If you need .swf files, you'll have to import the video into flash. You'll get the same options as with the standalone utility. After that, publish your movie and presto...

Thanks. I found a nice little converter for $45.00 that works great! It's called videro to swf. It does .FLV files also.

Sarford
02-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Ah, sorry, I presumed you owned flash...

Tony3d
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Found and even better one for $23.00 called VisualHub!

amigo
02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
If you don't need the GUI and want to be on the cheap side, you could probably get away by justing using ffmpeg to convert - that's what VisualHub uses anyways.