PDA

View Full Version : Audio: AAC, SDI & Me

Jonu
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi,

I have a few audio related Q here, wish some could help enlighten me on the problem I have..

1. I have SDI with 2 pair embedded audio stream, second pair audio tested and confirmed, but I could not get the second pair working on VT[5]. I see the second pair but it's actually the first pair (Identical audio level of to the first pair), without any audio. Have anyone got the second pair to be working?
2. The 2nd pair SDI audio output from VT[5] is also a copy of the first pair.

3. A H.264 mpg/mov/avi(mp2 encapsulation) video with AAC audio cant be played(No audio + video). (Audio channel in SE is conforming forever) :confused:
However, A H.264 file with mp4 encapsulation will have video but no audio. :confused:

Appreciate any help. Cheers.

Jonu
02-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Item 1 and 2 bugged.

bob anderson
02-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Am I wrong or doesn't vt write to the first pair while recording sdi embeddied audio.. try the analogue inuupt if you need multi track

bob anderson
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
i the vt will write embedded audio as first choice.. you have to go to the sdi panel to tell it to record analogue audio.. theres a thing in prefs to tell it to do that.. but also look in the prefs panel to make it permanent

SachaG01
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
The embedding options aren't in the Prefs (though it should be), but it is in a config applet called X-Point config (can't remember where, think its in the drivers subfolder) - there you can set your embedding options and also your digital audio input source.

Sacha.

Jonu
02-18-2008, 01:05 AM
The embedding options aren't in the Prefs (though it should be), but it is in a config applet called X-Point config (can't remember where, think its in the drivers subfolder) - there you can set your embedding options and also your digital audio input source.
Sacha.

Have that. done that. But there is "no audio" from 2nd stream
(Err.. does seems to has audio, only that it is a copy of the first stream)

SachaG01
02-21-2008, 02:16 AM
It's possible that it only supports one pair embedded audio over SDI, you could try a mail to Andrew Cross ([email protected]), he should be able to tell you.

Sacha.