PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur

OOZZEE
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
hi, just watched William Vaughans video on this subject and it occured to me that these settings are on a 'Per Scene' level ? I`ve never had to use this ( Motion Blur) but is it possible to use it on a per object level or did I completely mis-understand something.

Cause what if you wanted one object to blur but not the other... so in the case of the helicopter blade, you would want the blade to blur, but not the helicopter itself if it was moving out of control ?

thanks for the replies!

loki74
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I've not watched the video, but having objects MB on a per-object level doesn't seem to make sense to me... that will NEVER happen in real life, and real life is what the LW renderer tries to mimic.

I believe MB is decided on a per-camera level--whatever the MB/DOF settings you have for each camera in your scene will apply to that camera.

And, MB, by definition, is controlled on a per-object level if you think about it--if an object isn't moving like crazy, it won't be blurry. If it's moving real fast, it'll be blurry...

Of course, if for whatever reason you reaally want one object to move fast and not blur, and another object to move fast and blur, you could use two cameras with identical positions, but different MB settings, render the objects separately, and composite them after the fact.

Jarno
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Or set the motion of the object that shouldn't blur to be stepped, so that it remains stationary over the duration of the motion blur.

---JvdL---

Captain Obvious
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
You cannot do object-level overrides for motion blur.