PDA

View Full Version : "Sharkbait" or "The Reef" production info?

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I've seen a lot of bad animation but I took a shower after watching about 20 minutes of "The Reef" also internationally known as "Sharkbait".

Possibly the worst 3D animation I've ever seen theatrically. Actually, this is the worst.

I found a little bit of info (http://www.qwipster.net/reef.htm), in that it's a Korean production company responsible, who seems to be on a mission to crank out low-budget schlock that poor unsuspecting dads like me will fall prey to during a snowy inside-day with the kids and a pay-per-view box.

Obviously this is a strong DON'T RENT but I have to ask because some of the animation looked telltale ... gulp, was it done with Lightwave?

Truly awful whoever is responsible for it. Not just the animation, but there was one shot at a song, and the voice acting was really poor. Plus the sound mix, the female fish character was simply too loud. I have VU meters on my home theatre amp and it was over the top.

Steamthrower
02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Haven't seen that, but this post reminds me of an idea I had once.

A centralised website, like IMDB, that includes every feature film along with the VFX studios and what software they used...that would be seriously cool.

Thanks for the heads-up. I won't rent it.

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
A centralised website, like IMDB, that includes every feature film along with the VFX studios and what software they used...that would be seriously cool.

Yeah, IMDB is close but fell short for me on this one.

voriax
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Good lord.. looks like the bastard child of Finding Nemo and Shark Tale .. if they lived in a radioactive swamp.
Trailer is on youtube. Scenes are stolen straight from Nemo, but has slutty female fish like in Shark Tale.
Even had a scene with the main child fish (separated from his parents), swimming through a cloud of jellyfish!
Where's the morals....