PDA

View Full Version : any favorite superbowl ads?

Stooch
02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
i like the richard simmonds and bridgestone one, the bridgestone screaming squirrel and the fedex genetically altered pigeons. lol.

RudySchneider
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Not so much the one with Richard Simmons, but I agree with your other choices.

hrgiger
02-03-2008, 08:19 PM
what is this "super" bowl?

RudySchneider
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
what is this "super" bowl?

Well, for one, it's not lathed. At least, not normally...

Steamthrower
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Didn't even watch it. Am I even an American?

IMI
02-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh I loved the screaming squirrel, the Fed-Ex pigeon one and really liked the one with all the dancing lizards.

I especially liked the way The Giants won the game though. ;)

Stooch
02-03-2008, 10:50 PM

i didnt watch it either, was at work all sunday lightwaving. but i did see the ads on msn website.

WhiteBoy
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM

Neither did I. Never had any interest in watching football. Or any sport for that matter, really.

Stooch
02-04-2008, 12:10 AM
while football for me is just a glorified game of grabass. its always fun to watch the ads:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7755438?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10937

p.s. get ready to get annoyed by e-trades dumbass commercial that plays before each AD. its amazing how you are expected to watch an ad before seeing an ad...

hrgiger
02-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Neither did I. Never had any interest in watching football. Or any sport for that matter, really.

yeah, me neither. Not sure why I have to keep explaining to people that it doesn't make me a homosexual. Not sure why everyone is so jazzed about a bunch of over paid monkeys tossing a piece of leather around and then seeing them slap each other on the butt. Yeah, and I'm the gay one?

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
The Pepsi JT ad had some pretty solid compositing.

FedEx pigeons rocked.

art
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
FedEx was probably one of my favorites. I saw the ad on the msnbc website. I did not watch the actual game either.

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Update: Coke Balloons takes the gold.

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads?videoId=2065914

(trying to get work done while screening commercials one at a time)

Hopper
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Wait a minute .. did you say Superb*wl ? Oh man ... did you get special written concent from the NFL and their pack of vicious lawyers to type that into a forum post? Better look out -they'll get you for that! You'd better change the post title to "Big Game" or "Super Sunday" before you start getting phone calls and wire taps....

Bog
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Wall*E and Iron Man.

Rock on.

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Wall*E and Iron Man.

Rock on.

I thought the Wall*E was underwhelming animation-by-committee. I love the Wall*E trailers and artwork so far, not so sure about the tie-in with Buzz and Woody on the couch.

I get it there were watching the game... but it seemed like a bit of a stretch in the concept department.

Still looking forward to the movie though.

- Rick

rdolishny
02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought the Wall*E was underwhelming animation-by-committee. I love the Wall*E trailers and artwork so far, not so sure about the tie-in with Buzz and Woody on the couch.

I get it there were watching the game... but it seemed like a bit of a stretch in the concept department.

Still looking forward to the movie though.

- Rick

Seems I'm not the only one!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/02/03/wall-e-super-bowl-advertisment/

otacon
02-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Coke one was the bomb! I also liked the audi.

Chris S. (Fez)
02-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Great game! Perfect for a peripheral football fan. It was the most watched match of all time for a reason.

I liked the macy's day blimps sparring over the Coke.

For that Richard Simmons car commercial: I know the guy stepped on the gas but if they had committed to the gag and had him run over Richard Simmons I think it would have been THE watercooler commercial.

Come on! Create some controversy! Even if they had cut to black at the last second.

IMI
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Great game! Perfect for a peripheral football fan. It was the most watched match of all time for a reason.

I liked the macy's day blimps sparring over the Coke.

For that Richard Simmons car commercial: I know the guy stepped on the gas but if they had committed to the gag and had him run over Richard Simmons I think it would have been THE watercooler commercial.

Come on! Create some controversy! Even if they had cut to black at the last second.

Yes, it was a great game. I'm no big sports fan, but I do appreciate a high stakes game like that, especially when it's so close and played so well by both teams.
Especially considering the Giants came from behind on a Wild Card, got into the Super Bowl and then beat the much-favored Patriots and denied them their perfect finale for their perfect season. They would have been only the second team ever to do that, since The Miami Dolphins in 1972.

Aside from that, yeah, I was also rooting for Richard Simmons to get run over. ;) If I'd have been directing that, it would have faded to deep red, not black. SPLAT! :devil: