PDA

View Full Version : Helo with Kurv Studios "Get into AE" Video - Sound but NO picture

wtdedula
02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Hello All;
I don't know where to post this so I hope someone can help;
I just ordered a training video from Kurv Studios called "Get into After Effects" or something like that. Is there anything srange or unusual about the Video encoder used to encode those videos ? It seems to use Quicktime but in both cases (On both a PC or a MAC) it says I'm missing a component and it takes me to a page with a whole bunch of components but no where does it tell me what componnent to download. Do I need to download them all ? That will take quite a while ! I figured my Mac would play it OK because Quicktime is Apple's native format but it still tells me I'm missing something even on the MAC. I've tried to download DIVX because that's the only thing on the list I was familiar with but that didn't solve the problem. When I try to play any of the Kurv Studios Videos on the DVD, I hear audio but see NO VIDEO.

I'be been able to play other Kurv Studios videos wihout problem. I kind of wanted to get this working over the weekend but I emailed Kurv and they still have not responded. Also, I signed up for their forum but still after sever al weeks can't get validated or whatever they require. This is why I can't post this message on their Forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really, really fustrationg and those videos weren't cheap.

Tim

wtdedula
02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Hello All;
OK Got the PC version to work by installing the tssc Screen Capture Codec but still can't get the MAC version to work. There doesn't seem to be a Mac version of the TSSC Codec or perhaps I should use the .exe file on the Mac too. Not sure what will happen, though and I don't want to corrupt things. Any Ideas ?

Tim

jeffreywpearson
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
You might need to download latest quicktime patches. There was a big that caused this that was finally fixed recently. KURV even announced a quick sale on videos celebrating the release of the patch.

FWIW, I did see the issue and found them to be much happier with 7.4 QT patch.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Pearson

rakker16mm
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Have you tried using VLC or Divix player? VLC can play almost any file format and it's free.