PDA

View Full Version : reformatting 16:9 for 4:3?

tommy619
07-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Hello, can someone help me with this? I am about to start rendering my first LW animation, and wanted to render for widescreen. But I need to know how I can reformat it for normal 4:3 tv's. I know there's a plug in that can export a different version of the frame, but can it alter the pixel aspect ratio without having to render it again? If it doesn't, how do I reformat it? I have adobe premiere 6.5 and Aura DV (and I have read the premiere manuals!). Maybe I should have asked on a premiere forum, but they wouldn't have been able to help with the lW side of things, I don't actually know any, and you guys here have always been good to me :D .
Thanks,
thom

richpr
07-13-2003, 04:27 AM
VirtualDub can do things like that with AVIs and recompress with your installed codecs... and there are additional plugins for special filters... most of it free...

Alternatively set up your camera settings in LW to match the format... and re-render

Extent
07-13-2003, 05:43 PM
assuming you mean to put letterboxing on it there are two easy ways to do it. one is to setup your LW camera for normal 4x3 video and then use the limited range function to put bars across the top and bottom. The second is tu render 16x9 video out and then use premiere or Vdub to scale it down and fit w/in a 4x3 aspect, thus also adding letterbox.

tommy619
07-14-2003, 03:24 AM
Okay, thanks for that, I do want to letterbox the footage, but I have no Idea of what size to scale it vertically within premiere to get a correct perspective - I'm using DV PAL widescreen to render. Any idea what size I need to reduce the vertical to to letterbox it? How can I work it out? Or is there a really simple thing to do in premiere that I can't find?
Thanks.

Trulsi
07-14-2003, 03:43 AM
Just do the math:-) Scale it down to 75% of the original height and you have it:-)

tommy619
07-15-2003, 09:01 AM
that's the number I needed - thank you very much.
thom