PDA

View Full Version : 'Not enough memory for that operation'

02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello!

I have recently started using Lightwave on my MAC and up until about an hour ago it was working fine.

Now, however, whenever I try to select or move a point or polygon I get the following error appear - 'Not enough memory for that operation'.

Can anyone advise me on how to get around this problem or why it might suddenly occur?

Thanks!

Sensei
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like memory leak in application, or in drivers somewhere.. Does it work after restarting comp? And then after minutes, hours starts again? Maybe after using particular tool/option?

Surrealist.
02-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah just close and restart app. Also you may have copied a large chunk of mesh onto the clipboard in order to paste it. If you did, remember it is still there taking up RAM. Well at least I think it is - or is it stored on a virtual disc? Anyone?

Anyway that has happened to me where I had to clear out the RAM and I just copied a polygon to free up the large amount of data on the clipboard.

Sometimes when I get a large object going things slow down and I have to stat up Modeler again to clear out the memory. Not sure why that is.

Roly
02-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Hello!

I have recently started using Lightwave on my MAC and up until about an hour ago it was working fine.

Now, however, whenever I try to select or move a point or polygon I get the following error appear - 'Not enough memory for that operation'.

Can anyone advise me on how to get around this problem or why it might suddenly occur?

Thanks!

May be this link can help? :

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse_thread/thread/911738a87563b2b3/8e53945fc5ad6436%238e53945fc5ad6436

I know is not Lightwave but the problem could be more general.