PDA

View Full Version : HD Camera Liveset

Kurt_Henning
02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Jose created this new LiveSet.

I have made two still images to show that it works. This set, though simple, will provide a really unique way to start the traditional "montage" video. We have a Blue Screen set up at work, as we find ways to try to incorporate the power of the LiveSets.

The idea is to have the client, and let's say it is dad, who has made wedding montage (and we will go ahead and say he made it) he can introduce the piece with the Live Set. My idea is to take leftover shots from the montage (there are always leftovers, and make a short loop of that). Then dad can talk as long as he likes on this set while the leftover b-roll plays on the camcorder input. When he says "let's watch the show" you would DVE to the DDR with the Cued project (Or even VTSE, but you would have to start the playback) and you are good to go. And as the "finale" dad can say some final words on this set while likely a clip of an old home movie of a baby or toddler on the camcorder screen.

Dad can get choked up. This would become a value added service, but I think I could disk record someone for a few minutes and make a few extra dollars on the work, and also bring the montage concept into 2008.

I did upload two images, hopefully you will see the concept. I previewed this message and I didn't see them, hopefully all is well.

Jose, you are a great member of this community. :) I have tried to make some LiveSets, which may be the foundation for a book called "How to make an unusable LiveSet." I am encouraged to keep trying as I download your work, that you so generosly share.

Thanks for making a solution for me, and an opportunity for an upsell on a montage, which is not in demand as much as it was in the past from smal producers.

SBowie
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Very nice - Josť is a wonderful asset to this community!

(Anyone know the max file attachment size? I did an example by special request, but it's 30 megs zipped, doubt it would fit here?)

Kurt_Henning
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I understand the answer is 19MB Steve, as per something that John P posted here somewhere. It sounds like you will have a LiveSet in two parts.

As long as you explain that the entire contents of the archive files belong in the "VSFX" folder, with the LiveSet Folder inside "VSFX" and the LiveSet name as a .png hangs out in the root of VSFX.

If you don't mind me asking, are you creating your work in Aura/Mirage exclusively, or do you use :lwicon: as well?

I find the technology fascinating, and can't wait until many more :vticon: /TCPFX/:tcicon: technical directors really start to do some neat stuff. I think it is coming, and I think its coming sooner than we think. :thumbsup:

I can recieve a 30MB e-mail attachment. You have piqued my interest.:hey: If you want to send it to kurth AT avalonvideo DOT com I would be more than happy to test drive it on a :vticon:5 rig, as well as my new :tcicon:ProFX rig.

Cheers

joseburgos
02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the kind words but I have a very long while till I catch up to you two :)

Take care,

SBowie
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
As long as you explain that the entire contents of the archive files belong in the "VSFX" folder, with the LiveSet Folder inside "VSFX" and the LiveSet name as a .png hangs out in the root of VSFX.We'll figure out some way to do this that doesn't require breaking it up, hopefully.

If you don't mind me asking, are you creating your work in Aura/Mirage exclusively, or do you use :lwicon: as well?Both, really. I used the supplied sample LW scenes, modifying them (and the objects) just a bit to suit a specific need. Then I rendered just 6 images out of LW - 'oversize' renders of wide camera shots from 3 angles ... with matching 'foregrounds with alpha'.

I set these 6 images up in 3 separate (2-layer) Mirage projects, then comped them into an SD project, using the Keyframer as an 'interactive camera' to compose the different shots from the 3 LW cam angles. (This lets me make quick changes in the composition of each shot without enduring any LW render time.)

If you want to send it to kurth AT avalonvideo DOT com I would be more than happy to test drive it on a :vticon:5 rig, as well as my new :tcicon:ProFX rig.Kurt, I'm just sitting tight for a little bit on this one - I did it specifically for a request from Jef Kethley for a 'multi-person ' set, using 16x9 feeds. It was kind of a blind trial, lots of guess-work involved. He's doing an event this week and I'd like to see if any further tweaking is required as a result of his practical observations with it.

SBowie
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words but I have a very long while till I catch up to you twoI appreciate modesty, a fine quality - but you're no slouch. :)