PDA

View Full Version : Buster sword

Ryan R
02-01-2008, 10:27 AM
hey, fisrt time posting on here so go easy on me :P
was curious what anyone thought about my buster model, curious on what anyone might think to improve it!

Steamthrower
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Cool steampunkish model...but what exactly does it do? What's the cog for?

Ryan R
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
as far as i found from watching FF7AC it just swings around with the sideblades handle when he breaks it off, but i havent gotten it to do that yet :D

Skonk
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Cool steampunkish model...but what exactly does it do? What's the cog for?

Its a sword from one of the Final Fantasy games, not played em myself but i have seen Final Fantasy Advent Children which also features the sword.

Basically it breaks down into lots of smaller weapons.

Your model Looks very nice btw :)

iconoclasty
02-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Advent Children was awesome. And so is that sword.

Stooch
02-05-2008, 09:17 AM
ive always thought that sword was retarded. its size tries to make up for a small penis and it looks like it will explode into pieces the second you hit something solid.

nice model though, its definitelly accurate.

iconoclasty
02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Stooch, sometimes a sword is just a sword.

Steamthrower
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM

And however illogical fantasy weapons are, they're still fantasy weapons. Half the features on any fantasy weapon are useless...unless it's in fantasy...

To me it looks like it would take a cave troll on steroids to wield that thing, but the medieval + gears + arcane tech equation always works for me.

Stooch
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM

hey im not here to argue about the function of the sword. just saying what i think about it. like i said its a nice model and is true to the original concept.

Skonk
02-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Iv seen games and anime where swords 2 or 3 times the size of this one are swung around as if they're made of paper or a plain looking katana used to cut space ships in half are rip through the armor of a tank etc :)

As fantasy swords go the buster sword is far from the most rediculous. But yeh it clearly wouldn't ever work in the real world but it certainly looks very cool and Ryans's rendition of it is pretty damn good.

archijam
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
ive always thought that sword was retarded. its size tries to make up for a small penis and it looks like it will explode into pieces the second you hit something solid.

I don't think I've ever heard of a game character ever having the size of it's penis discussed. Original. In the case of Cloud from FF7, it may be an issue earlier in the game, but after Aeris dies halfway through, I'm pretty sure he spends the rest of his life as a monk ..

Ryan R
02-19-2008, 03:54 AM
aye, something like that but its been waaaay to long since the last time i played it, here soon im goin to model cloud to go along with it, just for kicks :P

loki74
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM

It's just a stylistic decision... pretty much everything about Advent Children was completely (and ridiculously) hyperbolized. Suspend your disbelief!

That said, yea, it's pretty retarded. I think FF7 is the only thing that will get away with it...

As far as the model, it's looking great. Modeling Cloud would be cool, but... well, it will be very difficult (sorry to be captain obvious)... Are you planning on animating any of this?