PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the dongle working on 9.3.1UB?

kopperdrake
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Okay, its probably me doing something daft, but I had the 9.3UB beta working and have a serial number and licence key for that, but it was for the Beta Phase 3. This licence key doesn't seem to want to work with the latest 9.3.1 I just downloaded, do I need to get another licence key? Should I have got one automatically or do I need to phone Audrey at NT Europe to get a new licence key for the final 9.3.1UB release (tell me yes - her accent makes me melt).

Thanks for any info!

Dan_NT
02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Beta keys are always temporary so you'll never use them again. Mac, PC and PC64 use different license keys for every version cycle of LightWave (so 8 and 9 will have a max of three keys each).

You need to go to http://reg.newtek.com/ and go to "My Products" to get your Permanent License Key and enter it in Layout > Help > Enter License.

If you have the license.key file you can edit it in TextEdit and place it in Your User Folder > Library > Preferences > LightWave3D

License.key files can be amended with tons of keys, so if you're unsure as to which key to use by any chance you can paste every one in there, just put each one on a new line.

kopperdrake
02-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi Dan - thanks for replying :)

The only two Licence keys I have listed on my products page are for the Windows version (purchased from NewTek Europe) and for the Mac version (Beta Phase 3). Nothing else is shown. Do I have to register my Mac version with NeeTek Europe too, even though it's the same copy of LightWave that I currently run on PC?

Dan_NT
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Correct.

If there is a license for a version of LightWave you do not have you can contact customer service and they will generate the key for you. You should also be able to register another key at http://reg.newtek.com/ but the registration database does not sound melty either.

Jirapong
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I bieve 9.3.1 is still in beta and requires beta license.

How's about 9.3.0? Is it final or still beta?

What I want it the permanent license so I don't have to keep renewing it. Right now I did not have LW in my machine at all, because 9.2 is useless in IntelMac and 9.3 (may) requires temporary license that is very hassle.

All I want is less fixing computer, but spend the time I don't have much for doing he work.

Jirapong

BeeVee
02-05-2008, 06:06 AM
9.3.1 is no longer in beta and hasn't been since November last year. The release version is always placed just under the beta version on the My Downloads page.

B

circleofsmoke
02-06-2008, 03:28 AM
How do I serialise the UB version? I must be going blind or something, I'm sure it was obvious where you enter the licence but I've spent 20 mins looking for it and cant see it any where???

circleofsmoke
02-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Dont answer this - too many late nights - it was where I knew it should be - but I couldn't see it? (thought it might have moved or something) tired eyes play tricks . . .