PDA

View Full Version : Help! 720Pn No audio

Paul Vicente
02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I have tried to figure out what is wrong here, but I cannot hear audio when I import 720PN sequences into Speed Edit 1.5.

When playing this footage back with a P2 viewer, I see that all four channels have sound, but when imported into Speed Edit, the properties menu claims there is no audio.

What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Vicente

ted
02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Paul, I could be wrong, but I think 720PN is the one mode SE doesn't understand the pulldown on. This "could" be the problem.
What camera are you shooting on?

joevideo
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
If you are shooting with the Panasonic HVX 200 try pulling in your audio from the audio folder associated with your video clips.

I've noticed some video clips show up on the timeline with audio - and some do not. When mine do not include the audio clip, I pull it in from the audio folder that is recorded to the P2 card.

Hope this helps.

stargatesg1
03-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have some footage i can test with? Those of you with hvx200's especially. I want to do a bit of testing with SE before i get the camera. Id prefer the footage in mxf format not avi or qt.
Daniel

If you are shooting with the Panasonic HVX 200 try pulling in your audio from the audio folder associated with your video clips.

I've noticed some video clips show up on the timeline with audio - and some do not. When mine do not include the audio clip, I pull it in from the audio folder that is recorded to the P2 card.

Hope this helps.

ted
03-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Files are kinda big for e-mail or upload, (at least with our crappy DSL).
What specifics do you want to know.

I agree about "testing footage", if you're serious about the camera. get a loaner or rent it a couple days. There are too many "great" variables for someone to give you all the samples.

I got a "new box" demo from Snader here in California with the understanding if I liked it I'd buy that unit. They were glad to accomodate me and I recipricated by making the purchase. I might be ordering my second HVX once I get the deposit check on the next big gig.
Till the end of the month you get a free 16 gig card in the box. This kinda price protects you in case cards drop in price after NAB.

Yeh, SpeedEDIT handles the .mxf files natively which some other systems can't.

stargatesg1
03-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok Maybe I can order that demo dvd from panasonic. If they have footage on it that would rock.
CJ