PDA

View Full Version : Unwrap

muffkitten
07-12-2003, 01:31 AM
I have been working through the excellent text book called "Inside Lightwave 7", using the demo disk that comes with the book. One of the features I have been making regular use of is the Unwrap feature found in the Contruct tab of modeler under "additional".
I have just yesterday installed a full LW 7.5 version and I was amazed to see that Unwrap is no longer where it was, or anywhere else I can find.
Can someone please explain whether unwrap has been removed or not, and if yes....WHY! Is there any other feature that does the same as Unwrap?

Thanks

toby
07-12-2003, 04:10 AM
Try looking for an 'Unwrap.p' in the plug-ins folder of the LW 7.0 cd and copy it to the 7.5 plug-ins folder - you will then need to load the plug-in in modeler.

(I have No idea if this will work, but no one else has answered you yet)

TerryFord
07-12-2003, 04:58 AM
You can use "Export Encapsulated PostScript" from the File menu in modeler to get your UV map as an image. You'll need Photoshop or similar with .eps support to read it though...

Regards,
Terry

muffkitten
07-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the help. I have managed to find Unwrap I and Unwrap II plugins at the following address:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/erniew/getstuff/unwrap.html

Mike

dablan
07-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Yes,
use unwrap II. It's a free download, and more advanced than version I. Verion I is quick and easy, but only saves an IFF file. Photoshop no longer natively imports this file. Of course, Maya folks think that this format is a "maya" file - heh. I seem to remember IFF files way back in 1989, 1990, and up on my Amiga/Toaster/LightWave system.

Dan Ablan
www.3dgarage.com