PDA

View Full Version : New website/reel

eyelandarts
01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,
just wanted to invite all of you to our new website. We are a small boutique Visual effects facility based in the south Florida tropics. The reel is about 90% Lightwave with a little Modo and maya in there too.

I hope you like it!

www.eyelandarts.com

Steamthrower
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I do like it.

How does a boutique facility like yours procure jobs? Does it require a lot of in-the-industry connections?

Andyjaggy
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Looks great, you've worked on some awesome stuff.

Sarford
01-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Cool real mate, seems you've worked on some very nice projects! Well done!

eyelandarts
01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Thank you for all the kind words!

Inigo07: a lot of it is having connections but mostly it is doing the best job you possibly can even when its at a loss. Then a lot of it, is never saying you cant do something and then running around like crazy every weekend finding out how :) . Its a small industry and your reputation is your most prized possesion.

JeffrySG
01-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Great reel! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Did you provide all of the elements/compositing for those shots? or were you just providing rendered 3d elements?

--Jeff

eyelandarts
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks JeffreSG
There is a bit of everything in there (over 6 years). Some of them are comped by the amazing guys at CafeFX (hey Boz, Tom)

eyelandarts
01-30-2008, 08:38 AM
BTW, I should mention (as you might have seen already) that LW had a big part on the Kite fights in Kite Runner too. There is one other shot in the very end of The Mist that was all LW (dont want to ruin it for those who havent seen it). I hope to add it once the dvd comes out in March.