PDA

View Full Version : Hereís a thing anyone interested in Babylon 5 might find . . . eh interesting.

Triple-F
01-29-2008, 03:02 AM
I can see this and me getting drummed out of here for this. But Iím in the middle of putting a site together. Contributors to the thing include.

Ron Thornton
Paul Bryant
Luc Mayrand
Adam ďmojoĒ Lebowitz
Larry Bowman
Mark Kochinski
Jeff Scheetz
Tim Earls
Kevin Kutchaver

I also realise that itís never a good idea to make your first post something like this. But as Iíve seen a few discussions on here relating to B5 and given the topics discussed on the site and by whom (as well as newteks early relationship with them) I thought some might find this interesting.

http://ftp.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

Itís clearly not finished, and the format of the site is creaking a little under the weight of the various new content, but as I need to take a break from it for a while I decided to post it up now.

Iím still in the middle of talking to a few people (as well as the current contributors) including a couple of those behind the Legend of the Rangers and the new Lost Tales, as well as a few more connected to B5 & Crusade in various ways. So there is quite a lot of things still to add to it.

Mac users have no chance of viewing it (Opera & Safari). IE and Firefox should run it as should Netscape (with the IE emulator turned on for the window your running it under).

Anyway, any thoughts? Anyone in particular that you think should be on it thatís not already there, anything that you want an answer to?

Hell, IS it interesting?

Am I going to get banned after just one post?

kyuzo
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
That's cool. Thanks to you and the great and the good of B5 who contributed.

Iain
01-29-2008, 05:54 AM
REPORTED!!!

Only kidding-why do you think this'll get you banned?
Welcome to the board.:)

Triple-F
01-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Well it was half a joke. But since I started browsing forums I sometimes get the impression barging onto one you don’t regularly post on and essentially advertise something that you have done with your first post, was frowned upon.

Steamthrower
01-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Normally it is, but this seems pretty cool. Very nice!

Medi8or
01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Probably very cool, but since you code the website not to work with other browsers then IE, I figure you're not interested in me looking at it. So I won't.. ;)

cresshead
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
works okay in firefox...
and welcome from another HUGE B5 fan!

Medi8or
01-29-2008, 05:59 PM
With IE emulator, or was that only Netscape?
Anyway, I'm not about to install another browser, no matter how much I liked B5.. :)

Stooch
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
ah b5. its what got me interested with LW. i love those x shaped fighters. still the best design for a space fighter IMO. too many space vehicles look "plany" these days.

Triple-F
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
The main reason for the browser problem is down to the way I use flash (some routines to call and load in the files on single screens - dumb really).

Given that the format of the site is pretty rubbish (never originally designed to take that variety of information), the problems with the browsers and the fact that there is a lot more content still to be added (From a few more people). Iím viewing this more as a test run because itís easy to loose track of how something looks to a fresh pair of eyes Ė basically Iíve been working on it for a while and lost a bit of perspective Ė as you can.

Mark II will probably not be done before nearer the end of the year, but it will look and feel a lot better and work on all browsers Guaranteed.

Exception
01-30-2008, 12:05 AM
It works great for me in Firefox...
You might want to throw in some data on the initial screen as the emptiness of the whole thing looked as if it was broken in some way, until i clicked on some stuff and some more stuff and things started to appear.
Very comprehensive and well thought out, a great resource!
Thanks for posting this.