PDA

View Full Version : Boujou Tracks / Rotating a Camera Path

LemurGuy
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey all!

Having an issue with a camera path I created in Boujou. The track looks solid but the problem is that it's faced 90deg in the wrong direction when i import it inot my scene.

I know I can rotate the coordinate system in Boujou, but there does not seem to be a numerical readout to make a precise 90deg rotation.

Anyone know how to rotate a camera path within Boujou accurately, or know how to rotate a camera path within Lightwave? Thanks!

--E

Lightwolf
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Well, in LW... parent the camera to a NULL and rotate that by 90

In Boujou... no idea, sorry. I'd suspect this may be related to the coordinate set-up within Boujou - I suppose it can be changed somewhere (SynthEyes does, so I suppose you'd have that option in Boujou as well).

Cheers,
Mike

rakker16mm
01-29-2008, 12:12 AM
I have a similar issue with PFHoe Pro, except it is the ground plane being either too high or to low when I bring the camera into LW. So I was planning on parenting a second camera to the first, but then the reference points become useless even though the camera. Scale is difficult to set accurately as well. All these things can be adjusted while I am still in PFHoe, but it's hard to know if you have it right until you see it in Layout.

I'm interested in hearing any work arounds.

walfridson
01-29-2008, 02:25 AM
I always fix roation in the graph editor in lw, just select the keys for each channel and drag untill its god.
If there's points from the scene, just parent the whole thing camera + nulls to a master null and make adjustments to that one.