PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Lightwave 3D active X plugin to load objects in browser

kimbodude
01-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Has anybody come accross an active x player such as the one from www.3dvia.com where you can load your objects via your account and have it displayed in 3d via there player on your web site ? im looking for the player itself or wonder how i could make one so that i can load the objects into it (manually not a prob either since its my own site).

trying to avoid adobe flash player...unless...

main reason is not to have all the copyright stuff and other buttons from the player on it as it takes me to the dassault web site and all that :(

thnx

StereoMike
01-28-2008, 04:44 AM
I don't know if this will answer your question, but dxstudio (http://www.dxstudio.com/default.aspx?affiliate=5f7bf137-a013-4c83-82b4-b43b1a760e6e) reads lwo and can be embedded into all all sorts of windows apps. For IE there's a webplayer (activeX I guess, which makes it an IE only solution). You can hook it up to a SQL database etc.
btw the dev studio can read lwo (and converts them into the own fileformat) but the webplayer can not, so online you can't hook it up to an lwo database but to a database of .dxmesh (native fileformat) models.

I assume 3dvia's player can read only it's own format during runtime too and there's some steps involved (maybe automated) to generate the page/3dplayer files for each item.

mike

kimbodude
01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
thx mike, will check it out :)

3dvia seems to support a whole load of 3d objects including lightwave, its just very crappy the upload and ofcourse, the active x player has its own credits, copyright bla bla bla :)