PDA

View Full Version : On location DVD sales, any one know how to do it?

Randall Chesbro
01-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I need to do DVD On location next saturday. Can antone that is doing this tell me your process. Im doing competitions and ill be doing maybe 20 teams at 3 min each. I didnt know if there are dvd decks that would let me put chaptermarks in as i go. I dont know if ill have time to stop and restart the deck.
I heard dvd +r would work better because i dont have to wait so long to finalize.
then I could take it and dup it with -r.
are you doing multi camera or just 1., pre printed dvds
I realy need some ideas. thanks, randyc

Lee Hopper
01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I can help, email me your phone number and I will call you
lee in arizona
[email protected]

Randall Chesbro
01-28-2008, 05:57 AM
anyone els doing this?

ps thanks Lee.

mrpapabeis
01-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Go to Wallmart. Buy a couple of cheap DVD recorders.

GP

CreatvGnius
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
I can help, email me your phone number and I will call you
lee in arizona
[email protected]

It sure'd be nice (if it's OK with you, Lee) - if your suggestions could be posted here. I'm sure others and myself would greatly appreciate your contribution to the community on this.

I've been curious about this topic as well.
-PeterG

Randall Chesbro
01-30-2008, 05:15 AM
theres has to be more people doing this. Id like to get a few ideas before i do it.
is it done with raw video. or switched, titles? chapter? how long does it take?
thanks.

Surrealist.
01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I had a friend who did this all the time. Multi camera etc. The process was to take orders - paid in advanced if possible - and produce them with titles and such using the VT back at the studio then deliver at a later date. (Usually through the organizers of the event).

Andrewstopheles
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I've done a few live recordings through Sony Anycast and DP-800 boxes sending the switched feed to a dvd recorder. I liked the process so much I bought the cheap WalMart DVD recorder to use at home. Unfortunately the DVD recorder was extremely finnicky and rejected 90% of the blanks I threw at it. But they will do chapters as you go, usually after the capture is dome it lets you edit the chapters then. I could even dump my Sony HD camcorder miniDV camcorder direct to the Samsung recorder via firewire and edit chapters then burn straight to DVD with no PC interference.
BTW I am returning my Samsung DVD recorder to WalMart today, might try another but it seems like it doensn't accept any of the discs I have bought, specifically Memorex or Maxell don't seem to work - it might be broke that's why it's going back (had it about 1 month).
Hope this helps.

mrpapabeis
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I've done a few live recordings through Sony Anycast and DP-800 boxes sending the switched feed to a dvd recorder. I liked the process so much I bought the cheap WalMart DVD recorder to use at home. Unfortunately the DVD recorder was extremely finnicky and rejected 90% of the blanks I threw at it. But they will do chapters as you go, usually after the capture is dome it lets you edit the chapters then. I could even dump my Sony HD camcorder miniDV camcorder direct to the Samsung recorder via firewire and edit chapters then burn straight to DVD with no PC interference.
BTW I am returning my Samsung DVD recorder to WalMart today, might try another but it seems like it doensn't accept any of the discs I have bought, specifically Memorex or Maxell don't seem to work - it might be broke that's why it's going back (had it about 1 month).
Hope this helps.

Consider buying the Sony.

GP