PDA

View Full Version : Bones completely Deform mesh after restart

Anchelito
01-26-2008, 05:26 AM
i do have a new problem: when i finished with lightwave yesterday, everything was great, but when i loaded layout today, my bones completely deform the mesh, when they are activated. here is a pic:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5096/lightwavebugvz3.jpg

1.) why does lightwave do that? i just restarted it. the most crazy thing about that is, that it even happens to the first version of the file i saved (xyz_1.lws, the newer one is xyz_2_.lws), although i last touched that yesterday morning.

2.) how can i get rid of that, except creating a whole new set of bones?

thanks a lot!!!

greetings

Anchelito
01-26-2008, 05:38 AM
okay ... i got it to work by using "Remove Piv Pos", although i really don't know what that option does. i just tested through.

but some information, why this problem occur, would be really interesting.

greetings and thanks!

evenflcw
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
The more correct and alternative way was to, on frame 0 which is hopefully your rest frame, select all bones, keyframe all, and record bone rest position. This reassigns the mesh to the bones. The keyframing might not be necessary but might help if you've used record pivot rotation (which should be followed by keyframing, but this is often forgotten).

The reason Remove Pivot Position worked is because it does more than just remove the pivot positions. It also records bone rest position once all pivot positions have been zeroed out.