PDA

View Full Version : Rendered AVI weirdness

dingebre
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I rendered an AVI from within LW 9.3. It plays fine in any player I use eg: Windows Media Player.

The weirdness is when I import the AVI into SpeedEdit, or Adobe Premiere, the backdrop is black. Only 3D objects and their respective textures are visible. What is happening?

I also rendered a series of images and they are fine. They show up with backdrop and 3D objects just fine.

David

crashnburn
01-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Have you rendered an alpha channel when u rendered you AVI, just wondering if that is showing up in your video editors and obviously wouldn't show up in a player.

dingebre
01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
That would make sense, but I sure didn't do it on purpose.

I'll just re-do the AVI from the stills.

Thanks

Exception
01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Or use VirtualDub to strip the alpha channel :)
It's free!

walfridson
01-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Uncompressed AVI throws in the alpha.

dingebre
01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
OK, interesting. I didn't know that uncompressed AVI throws in the Alpha. I have VirtuaDub, very nice free editor, thanks.

David

stib
01-28-2008, 07:35 AM
On threads like this it's obligatory for someone to pipe up with the "you really should render to image sequences" reply, and it looks like today I'm going to be that person. Save it out as an image sequence in the image format of your choice and then turn the image sequence into a movie. You'll save yourself lots of issues that way.

Apart from anything else you can use LWSN to do the rendering, which on my machine works nearly 50% faster than an f10 render from LW, and I can take advantage of the multi cores in my machine by working at the same time.