PDA

View Full Version : Scene referencing in LW

mike_b
01-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I dont know much about this, but, I was wondering would it be possible to make a simple version of scene referencing using the Load from Scene command?

So when you open a scene file, a plugin would look for saved references to other scenes and load them in the same way as the Load from Scene command, but maybe with just a requester to confirm that the referenced file is the most recently updated.

It certainly would go a long way towards this sort of functionality wouldn't it?

adamredwoods
01-23-2008, 02:18 AM
The key to this I always felt was a successful instancing feature within Lightwave's native renderer.

You would want the external scene to remain uneditable, in a low poly state (configurable), and be an independent OpenGL render style than your current work scene. During render, render both scenes together.

An alternative technique would be to automate the 'Replace Object with file' command. Hm... soemthign to think about.... maybe on to somethin....

UnCommonGrafx
01-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Try some of Jeremy's scripts:
http://jeremy.lwidof.net/lscript/

There is one for cameras and one for motion.

mike_b
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I have checked these out, and they are very cool, but I'm wanting to reference a whole secene, not just motions or cameras.
I dont know much about scripting, but I think I might try deconstructing those Lscripts and see if I can work out what's going on. Maybe its possible to modify them to do what I'm after.