PDA

View Full Version : Totally not 3D but I had to chuckle

kopperdrake
01-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Found this on ebay whilst searching for radiators...

...is it me or is that a very expensive jam jar?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hydrogen-Fuel-Cell-saves-Petrol-Diesel-costs-upto-50_W0QQitemZ200192771280QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122139Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

StereoMike
01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Nice jar...
Can't these guys spend the 1,50 EUR on a decent container? He even printed out a nice label.
seems to be the same as this:
http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm

When you hack 'water4gas' into google, you get plenty of positive reactions on it, even critics say it's at least the same as injecting water into the engine (which has a positive effect).
I don't know what this is and if this works, but it's not the usual scam (too much positive feedback and too little negative).
Maybe I'll take a look into one of the ebooks (you can find them on the net), but I doubt that I will spend my Audi a jam jar...

mike

Steamthrower
01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm going to put on of those on my Benz turbo. Does it make a car go faster?

StereoMike
01-22-2008, 09:25 AM
that was the most negative post I found (saying it could be something like water injection):

This, at least in principle, sounds vaguely like a system I heard about for big-rig diesels to be supplemented with hydrogen injection using a water storage tank and electrolysis. The principle, if I recall, was just to help the diesel engines under heavy loading.

Conversely, this system may amount to little more than a very effective though overly complex water vapour injection system.

I recall a much simpler system that was claimed back in the mid-1980's to be capable of up to a 20% improvement in fuel consumption by using what amounts to an airbrush nozzle as the core of a water vapour injection system. I believe I read about it in HotRod magazine; but I do not believe the system ever actually made it to market as I was never able to find the product for sale anywhere.

In theory, if water was actually introduced as water vapour into an engine, presuming that a means was found to keep this vapour suspended in the mixture evenly enough, and presuming that the water vapour concentration was not so high as to prevent ignition of the fuel-air mixture, then the water should boil during ignition, expanding 1700 times and adding to the pressure on the piston or rotor of the engine.

Of course this is all theory. The only system I ever heard of that explicitly claimed to be able to all that was the aforementioned one I read about in HotRod magazine. It's unfortunate that it wasn't exposed to scientific scrutiny to see if such a system might actually be workable.

Stooch
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
they do this all the time with after market forced induction. cools aircharge, keeping the IAT cool and run more timing or boost :)

Thats what makes the power. Under load the temperatures rise so it explains why the diesels (most likely turbo diesels) use it.