PDA

View Full Version : Save vs. Save As

ML_Scott
01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
We just upgraded to VT5 last week.
:help:
In our process to get ready for Sunday we created some .cg files (sermon notes, songs, announcements) and when I had to modify them I would use the Save function and go to check my DDR where we have the slides (created from CG) located and it would not show the updated pages. I would then go reopen the .cg file and my changes were not there. If I did a Save As and choose the same file name to overwrite then it worked.

Any others having the same issue?

steveg
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
This is a problem that NewTek is aware of and hopefully is pressured to fix soon. It seems that your files were actually saved but unfortunately they were saved as some other cg file on your computer. I have lost thousands of customer templates because cg saves your files under a previous cg name. So till they fix this problem always use the save as function. by the way when the cg prompts you to save as it is exiting never save them they will overwright previous cg files that you mighgt need. instead cancel out and use save as function then quit again. It will still prompt you and warn you that you have not saved your file, but that is because you have not overwritten the other cg file that you don't want to overwright.