PDA

View Full Version : VT 5 Switcher Freezing Hell.

LighthouseMEdia
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey guys I'm seeing an issue where anywhere from 5-30 mins into shooting the input source seems to freeze when making a cut. Sometimes if I cut using say source 3 program and preview switch at the same time it will unfreeze and cut correctly. This seems to be much worse since I upgraded from 4.6 to 5,I saw it occasionally on 4.6 and now its almost every show on 5. Any ideas? Newtek recently RMAed the entire VT5, SX84, and all cables. I rewired and installed new hardware and get the exact same problem. I also have updated the mainboard bios, Video card drivers and all system software in an effort to resolve this

LighthouseMEdia
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
No love?? No help??

kleima
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Make sure hardware preview is turned off in VT preferences. Make sure that if you have a dual monitor setup, the nVidia Desktop Manager is disabled.
Test your memory with MemTest86+.

What are your system specs?

goodrichm
02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
kleima,

Which option in VT5 prefs is the hardware preview option you're talking about?

I can only find the following options that talk about preview:

Audio/Video Signal - Preview/alpha output
Files - Use Preview Generation

Thanks...MG

kleima
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, it's the Preview/alpha out. Set it to Disabled, at least for testing purposes. If you don't ever use hardware Preview, leave it disabled all the time. If you want to use hardware Preview and Disabling doesn't help your problem, then you could probably turn it back on.

Oh, I guess I just realized that you are a different person than the one who asked the original question. Anyway, should still apply if you are having similar problems.

goodrichm
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank God, so far I haven't had problems. I want to be prepared, if need be, when I really start pushing the envelope. Thanks...MG