PDA

View Full Version : Question about stretching time of scene

medicalart
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
What's the best way to stretch the duration of a scene? I've used the dope track in scene editor for some items, but I'm not sure if that works consistently for everything all at once. I basically have a 10 second animation with objects and their hierarchies, that I want to be twice as long-- say 20 seconds. Is there a good way to do this in LW? Thanks.

Surrealist.
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
If all you are dealing with is object hierarchies, expand child items recursive should do it in the (new) scene editor. Right Click to get menu from the items tab. First choose select all, expand child items and then also expand channels. Then go to dope sheet tab and select everything (right click). Then right click again to get numeric time scale and set to 200%.

medicalart
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Is there a more general control? I want the entire timeline for the entire scene to be twice as long. Say there are 100 frames of action that I now want to occupy 200 frames instead. Thanks.

Surrealist.
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
As far as I know, time stretch in the graph editor or the dope sheet is the way to go. That gives you a general stretch of the entire animation. But if you have some envelopes on certain things that won't show up in the scene editor you might have to do those separately in the graph editor.

tischbein3
01-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Is there a more general control? I want the entire timeline for the entire scene to be twice as long.

In the Classic Scene Editor:
"Scale Keys" is the buton you are searching. :)

You might have to save and reload scene after this operation again,
to update it correctly, (depending on your lw version)

medicalart
01-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I will give it a try. Thanks.

Surrealist.
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah that will be a lot faster. I never use the classic. A faster way to use the new scene editor is to go to the Channels Tab then "select all" in the dope sheet. No expansion is necessary at that point. But I do like the "scale all items function" in the classic. Thanks for the tip on that, tischbein3. :)

The functionality of the dope sheet and other tabs in the New Scene editor is far more advanced and I am a little surprised to see the "Scale all" function missing. Most other things I have found available in the new scene editor - but with more ease, interactivity and functionality - which is why I never use the classic one.

Carm3D
01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Couldn't you also use the new LW9 tool to render at a different frame rate than the animation has? I don't know what it's called but you can do bullet-time stuff with it.

This way you won't have to touch your keys.

Surrealist.
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
That sounds interesting. I wasn't aware of than one.

TeZzy
01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
that function is called timewarp i think(located in the advanced cameras)....i personally haven't used it but that would be the way to do slow motion during renders without physically stretching the keys

Surrealist.
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I do vaguely remember something like that from the 9.0 release notes but it is not in advanced camera from what I can find and I was not able to scare up the release notes I had.
Anyone know where it is or if it exists?

Carm3D
01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I've seen it demonstrated. It exists. Just don't know where it is.