PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Scale Scene Size?

Robert C. Lang
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I have only used Lightwave inside of 3D Arsenal. Otherwise, I know almost very little how Lightwave works. I do know how to "scale time" of scenes.

Question: What is the step-by-step process to "scale size" of scenes? Many of the scenes I find too small and would like to increase the size to more completely fill the screen.

Robert C. Lang

Surrealist.
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
What you wanted was Screen Size, or Resolution. That would be in the camera properties.

There are plenty of presets depending on your final output needs - i.e. D1/D2 NTSC (SDTV) 4:3 or wide screen, HDTV 720, 1080, various film res and so on.

Pretty self explanatory. Just make sure that "Use Global" is unchecked otherwise you will be locked in to the parameters set in Render Globals.

Robert C. Lang
01-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Thank you very much. It looks like the "Zoom" feature in the same "Camera Properties" panel that you referred me to does the trick. Does that makes sense? I'm using Lightwave 8.5

All the while I had been looking with no success in the "Scene Editor" panel.

Thanks again.

Robert C. Lang

Surrealist.
01-21-2008, 02:18 AM
OK if you mean you want to increase the size of the subject, yes. It works just like a camera. You can move it, (press t for move with it selected) adjust the lens focal length (zoom factor) - animate that (zoom) etc.