PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Render

Vujaka
01-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Where does virtual render fit in between Lightwave and the final render? Does it need a render controller like BNR? And finally is it cross compatible / workable on mixed render nodes (mac and pc)?

Sensei
01-20-2008, 11:10 AM
VirtualRender intercepts LightWave rendering so you use F9, F10 or Network Render with it. BNR is recommended to use together with VR, but it's not required. Mac UB version will be soon available.

Vujaka
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
That simple? :) I cant access your site since yesterday, but It mentioned something about better memory management? Is there a manual I can download to understand more about this product?

Sensei
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
I cant access your site since yesterday,

Really? Try using http://anonymizer.nntime.com/ and enter http://www.trueart.pl..

but It mentioned something about better memory management?

Normally LW allocates framebuffer for entire frame. So if it's super hires like 16000x12000 like on mine example VR renders it's requiring at least 3 GB of continueous block of memory.. VR optimize it and allocate just small region f.e. 512x512 will take 4 MB of memory (4 MB verus 3 GB makes a difference, isn't?)

Is there a manual I can download to understand more about this product?

Send after purchase only.

voriax
01-21-2008, 08:32 AM
So does VR auto-render when you press F9? or do you still need to use a render controller?

Sensei
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
When you press F9 VirtualRender starts rendering on the Layout where you pressed F9, on one machine, super hires scene. Render controller is recommended to use when you want to use whole renderfarm for super hires still, or regular size Kray animation (or super hires still). Render controller is OPTIONAL in any case. VR v2.0 will have built-in render controller.

trick
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
...VR v2.0 will have built-in render controller.

What does this mean ? You don't have to start Screamernet...even on the nodes ? Does VR v2.0 use it's own client software ?

Sensei
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
VR v2.0 will take care of running LWSN by itself. Or if my feature request will be heard by NewTek it won't be necessary to run LWSN, which would allow to make FPrime clone which is working on renderfarm entirely - you would move object and renderfarm would render it (no problems with crashes!) and send to machine where are you working in Layout and immediately see result (if there is enough machines in renderfarm).. Each node, working on small region like 70x70 pixels.. And 100 machines would render whole 800x600 in real-time..

trick
01-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Cool...so if I get things right, you would not need a rendermanager anymore, if you just want to networkrender (even with FPrime and Kray) without all the management features. Of course crashing nodes would make your life a bit miserable then ;)

If a feature request would mean more sales for Newtek you could start losing faith in such a company if they would not implement such a thing, wouldn't you ? :D

Sensei
01-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Cool...so if I get things right, you would not need a rendermanager anymore, if you just want to networkrender (even with FPrime and Kray) without all the management features. Of course crashing nodes would make your life a bit miserable then ;)

Not really.. It's from beta version of VR v2.0 http://www2.trueart.pl/Products/Plug-Ins/VirtualRender/Graphics/VirtualRender_RenderController_4.png

trick
01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Maybe I was not clear: if Newtek implements your requested feature and thus you would not need LWSN anymore, you still need a rendermanager besides Virtualrender ?

Sensei
01-22-2008, 02:27 AM
External render controller like BNR will not be required. VR v2.0 render controller will be sending and receiving special VR specific commands from/to nodes, that's why it's needed. BNR or other can't be used (could be if we would cooperate with BNR author, but I doubt).

trick
01-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Very nice. :thumbsup: Will there be an option to restart missing frames or parts of an image if a node crashes or for any other reason ?